Moving foot pegs and controls forward 2+"

RoyP_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Has anyone moved the foot pegs, gear and brake controls forward? I have leg circulation problems and need to reduce the knee bend. I have a 2014 CB1100 DLX. I can see adjustable foot pegs (25mm to 40mm) on line but no mods or kits to extend the brake and gear shift levers forward. Any feedback would be appreciated.
 
Haven’t seen any kits for this anywhere. I would think that if they exist it would be in Japan. You might want to email Mr. T (of samurider.com) and ask him (contact@samurider.com).

If it exists in Japan, Mr. T will know about it.
 
Thread starter
Heard back from Japan, MR T is fast and good. A custom shop in Japan makes a kit to move the front foot pegs forward 2" (5cm) and supplies longer rear brake pedal and gear shift levers. Not cheap but it works at a cost around 69,000 yen including shipping, plus import taxes are extra. Here is a link to the kit

CB1100カスタムパーツ(SC65) > CB1100用フロントステップキット

I had just ordered both the 40mm and 25mm adjustable pegs talked about elsewhere in the forum, so will wait and see if that forward position works first for my legs before I attempt the Japanese custom kit.
 
Extending the shift and brake pedals 2" means you will have to pivot your ankle just a bit more to shift or brake. Shouldn't be a problem unless it's already an issue. The kit pegs look like they move the pegs a bit lower as well.
I had a similar complaint that my knee and hip were bent too much and added an inch of foam to the seat to level it out, and it was just enough to make it tolerable. Did the same on my Bonneville.
 
This is a terrific find--thanks for posting it. I would love to move the pegs forward and down a couple of inches. I think the bike would be much more comfortable for me. It's a lot of money though. Winter is around the corner so I have time to ponder this. Maybe this will be my tax refund splurge this time around. I try not to blow all of it, but usually justify in my head buying something I really want with a part of it.
 
$615 (used Yen converter on Samurider) plus shipping.
 
Thread starter
apex1_imp said:
This is a terrific find--thanks for posting it. I would love to move the pegs forward and down a couple of inches. I think the bike would be much more comfortable for me. It's a lot of money though. Winter is around the corner so I have time to ponder this. Maybe this will be my tax refund splurge this time around. I try not to blow all of it, but usually justify in my head buying something I really want with a part of it.
I am sure it would help my leg problem but have the same money problem. $800 Canadian for the kit but it does include shipping. Here in Canada we have to add 12% for Taxes and may get dinged for import duty as well.
 
The Corbin seat also opens up the knees by moving your rump back.
 
RoyP_imp said:
apex1_imp said:
This is a terrific find--thanks for posting it. I would love to move the pegs forward and down a couple of inches. I think the bike would be much more comfortable for me. It's a lot of money though. Winter is around the corner so I have time to ponder this. Maybe this will be my tax refund splurge this time around. I try not to blow all of it, but usually justify in my head buying something I really want with a part of it.
I am sure it would help my leg problem but have the same money problem. $800 Canadian for the kit but it does include shipping. Here in Canada we have to add 12% for Taxes and may get dinged for import duty as well.
I am sure it would help my leg problem but have the same money problem. $800 Canadian for the kit but it does include shipping. Here in Canada we have to add 12% for Taxes and may get dinged for import duty as well.
I would say not always (imported item) tax and duty apply. It depends from where, its value and if it is a gift. Speaking strictly from my cases/experience, not as a legal advice.
 
Thread starter
kennyw_imp said:
The Corbin seat also opens up the knees by moving your rump back.
Thanks for this feedback on the Corbin seat
Thanks for this feedback on the Corbin seat. Does that moving your rump back also apply to the Corbin gunfighter + lady seat or just the gunfighter seat.
pekingduck_imp said:
Extending the shift and brake pedals 2" means you will have to pivot your ankle just a bit more to shift or brake. Shouldn't be a problem unless it's already an issue. The kit pegs look like they move the pegs a bit lower as well.
I had a similar complaint that my knee and hip were bent too much and added an inch of foam to the seat to level it out, and it was just enough to make it tolerable. Did the same on my Bonneville.
Thanks for these tips. Currently when I ride solo, I find myself sitting on the front of the passenger seat on the DLX, find it easier using the gear shift lever or brake pedal but do find the stretch to the ground a shade high with my short legs when I stop or try to walk the bike around . When I have a passenger or luggage on the back seat and am forced to sit forward in the front seat wearing full armour I get the knee restriction in my left leg. I shall try adding a piece of foam to the seat to get a 1" lift as you suggest and lowering the pegs 1" as well to improve knee bend.
kennyw_imp said:
The Corbin seat also opens up the knees by moving your rump back.
Thanks for this feedback on the Corbin seat
 
RoyP_imp said:
apex1_imp said:
This is a terrific find--thanks for posting it. I would love to move the pegs forward and down a couple of inches. I think the bike would be much more comfortable for me. It's a lot of money though. Winter is around the corner so I have time to ponder this. Maybe this will be my tax refund splurge this time around. I try not to blow all of it, but usually justify in my head buying something I really want with a part of it.
I am sure it would help my leg problem but have the same money problem. $800 Canadian for the kit but it does include shipping. Here in Canada we have to add 12% for Taxes and may get dinged for import duty as well.
I am sure it would help my leg problem but have the same money problem. $800 Canadian for the kit but it does include shipping. Here in Canada we have to add 12% for Taxes and may get dinged for import duty as well.
All my Japan purchases only added GST/HST, which is reasonable since it is not an easy item to source in Canada. Hopefully it is handled by Canada Post, otherwise, there will likely be extra heavy handling/broker charges.

Maybe one day Canada will have a formal trade agreement with Japan and get a break on tariff related surcharges (e.g. tax).
 
Not without lying about the contents.
 
Canadian purchasers beware: Vehicle items made in another country (e.g. Italy), but purchased from the U.S. will be hit with one of those "country of origin" surcharges. It was one of those hard lessons owning an Italian bike, but parts could no longer be OEM sourced in Canada because all North American warehousing was consolidated in the U.S. Sad, but true.

Conversely, we [heh, used to have :-/ ] a trade agreement with China and it appears all electronic and m/c items had no tax or surcharges. I reckon the U.S. has [or had :huh: ] the same experience.
 
Back
Top