Moriwaki rearsets

Olof_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Got these via Webike Japan as I felt the OEM gearshift sloppy and lacking downwards adjustment. The Moriwaki pegs can be set in the OEM peg position (or 20 mm higher) which suits me. They are also quite reasonably priced.

Delivery took a while but otherwise went perfectly. Well packaged and no damage. Instructions were in Japanese only, but no problem thanks to thoughtful pictures and clear torque values. Fitting was straight forward. Everything lined up perfectly and all bits were there. I noted that the Moriwakis are a bit lighter than the OEM kit, but not much. The hoses to the brake slave cylinder need to be repositioned but not disconnected so no drama and very easy to do. I had it all in place in one evening, and I work slowly (annoyingly so according to my wife). Fit and finish is perfect, especially for the price.

Test ride. The foot brake works as before, i.e. fine. The gear shift now sits where I want it plus has minimal play and a shorter throw. The feel is much more distinct. The pegs, non-folding, are very grippy. As they are bare aluminium (OEM have rubber inserts) I half-expected to feel engine vibes but no. Finally I think it all looks quite good.

Verdict: All good. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat. You can even get spares. So, very happy Moriwaki fan. :D
 
They look like a well made quality component. Moriwaki is a name I havn't heard for a long time.
 
Moriwaki also has sliders for our bike. I have a set on mine.

samurider.com has their stuff.
 
Moriwaki makes high quality exhaust and ither parts for the CB 1100 . They are the "inhouse " Honda after market parts supplier.
 
Unfortunately Japanese suppliers and the likes of samurider are too expensive for us in Europe. The EU protectionist market slaps on large import duties and taxes to most supplies external to the EU border.
 
Tev62_imp said:
Unfortunately Japanese suppliers and the likes of samurider are too expensive for us in Europe. The EU protectionist market slaps on large import duties and taxes to most supplies external to the EU border.
So far in Ontario, Canada we get dinged with the local taxes totaling 13%. No other fees associated with Japanese trinket imports.
 
@ all
more pictures please, and if you don't mind to support my laziness, could you please add part numbers, etc. even prices
(with and without customs and taxes) so we get the full picture. Did you encounter any difficulties during installation?
 
Thread starter
j3gq_imp said:
@ all
more pictures please, and if you don't mind to support my laziness, could you please add part numbers, etc. even prices
(with and without customs and taxes) so we get the full picture. Did you encounter any difficulties during installation?
Sorry, what pictures are you missing?

As mentioned, I got them via Webike Japan. A search on "Moriwaki rearsets" will get you there. The part no. is 05060-201P2-00. All the prices are there, including shipping.

Installing required one evening in the garage and not very much swearing (in my case the share of profanities are inversely related to the number of beers consumed - this time the fridge happened to be empty)

Tinkering like this makes you realise the high level of Honda workmanship - even under the seat and covers its beautifully finished and neatly packaged. This bike is such a keeper.
 
I am sorry Olof, you are right, it's all there but I had somehow missed it.
And when I said pictures, I should have said drawings which allow me to see what can be adjusted and to what extent.
Anyway, thanks again, looks great !
 
Thread starter
j3gq_imp said:
I am sorry Olof, you are right, it's all there but I had somehow missed it.
And when I said pictures, I should have said drawings which allow me to see what can be adjusted and to what extent.
Anyway, thanks again, looks great !
Ok then I understand. There are two adjustment possibilities on each side. First, the foot pegs can be mounted in two different positions - identical with stock or 20 mm higher. Second, the brake and gear lever "end pegs" (sorry I dont know the term) can be mounted in two different positions - at the very ends, which sort of equals stock, or some 20 mm in (I never measured this). These "end pegs" come mounted at the very end and I never touched them. The brake side feels same-same but the shift feels more distinct and with shorter throws. On top of these two adjustment possibilities you of course have the stock adjustment possibility for the vertical position of the gear lever. With the Moriwakis the gear lever can be set lower before running out of thread.
 
Back
Top