Motus

Doc1961_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Yes I know they're expensive, but has anyone on the forum have any experience with one, looked at one or know anyone that owns a Motus?
 
Man I’d love to own one but, money and riding skills (as in not enough of both) keep me away.
 
The Motus is a beaut and easy to ride according to what I've read as it is light for it's class and not so tall so a short guy like me can straddle it. Base model is about $30K which is steep but no more than many HD models. Too much for me though.
 
When a 2014 CB1100 can be had for under 6K it's hard to justify a machine that is sold to do the same for mid the mid 30's.

The CB is a great value and a great machine for the money.
 
Checked them out at a Virginia dealership (wow!) but couldn't even comprehend paying that much for a bike. One reason I ended up with the CB1100 was its' bargain basement price.
 
Much as I love my CB, it's not in the same class as the Motus which compared to a similar priced HD is the deal of the century.
 
TwoBrothersBusa_imp said:
When a 2014 CB1100 can be had for under 6K it's hard to justify a machine that is sold to do the same for mid the mid 30's.

The CB is a great value and a great machine for the money.
Get your point on the relative value but the Motus is about sport touring with absolute monster power. That's not the same as the CB. A better comparison might be the VFR1200.
 
At these prices, a leftover '14 CB is certainly a great buy, but I'd have a tough time saying a more expensive bike isn't worth the money. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
 
Thread starter
I have a '13 CB1100. Always been intrigued by the Motus though. Just haven't seen one in the flesh. The nearest dealer is 250 miles away. I also get email updates from the company and have read the reports. In fact, they just sent me an email stating there was a $4000 discount for leftover '17s. Its not about being worth the money. Its about what I can afford.:(
 
Thanks, redbirds. Two great articles. Lucky man.
 
And again Redbirds shows he IS master of the Dark Side. :) That article makes me want a Motus bad!!! Strong indeed is the Dark Side,
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
And again Redbirds shows he IS master of the Dark Side. :) That article makes me want a Motus bad!!! Strong indeed is the Dark Side,
You will relent popgun, resistance is futile.
 
use2b_imp said:
they have this one on display at Barber and it looks great in person but i need to just be happy with what i have .
I can identify with that statement...and I most certainly am.
Too easy to go triple digit, as it is!
 
3/4 quart of oil consumed in ~3K miles after 600 mi break-in service...did the MST finally get rings sealed???...I like Honda(or any bike) to not consume oil after break-in...I like seeing oil at FULL line on sightglass...& checking sightglass mostly out of habit & not of necessity...BUT...if I found a spare 32K $ in a shoebox in closet...
 
Yea, that's a lot of oil consumption. My ST only used a couple ounces of oil in 4,000 miles when it had 100,000 miles on it.
 
Back
Top