Motorcycle etiquette

Corm I think you'd be fine quoting it as long as this is a collection of folk-lore style jokes and not the author's original material. Plus, you cited your reference.
 
Inline4_imp said:
Through the years I've noticed the H-D riders will wave, no matter what bike I was on, if it was cold outside. Perhaps it was an acknowledgement of the love of riding even in uncomfortable conditions.
I wave to all bikers most of the time, but I always make a point to wave at cagers that could've pulled out in front of me. Kinda like a "Thank You", or simply wanting to let them know that motorcyclists are generally nice people.
Hopefully they will remember that wave the next time they are about to pull onto a street or highway.
Jim
I'll do the same when that happens as well and I'll bet many of them do remember the gesture. I always try to polish the image whenever possible.
Cormanus_imp said:
Finally, all has been revealed. I'd quote it, but not sure about copyright, Top 10 Reasons For Not Waving To Other Bikers
"Just discovered the fine print in owner’s manual and realized H-D is partially owned by Honda"

Really? Is that true?
 
Thread starter
Dunno. Google brings up reports in 2007 that Honda was going to buy HD.
 
Here in Switzerland, and in France, waving between bikers is common like most places. However, I have never seen anybody do a downward peace sign, and instead a normal peace sign is common.

An alternative in case you are keeping both hands on the bars, is to stick your foot out. This is most often used to thank a car that has moved over to let you by, or as a wave as you pass another biker.

9cbf6a2d1bd638a57609b6741f0c8b64.png
 
Back
Top