DGShannon_imp
Been there
Thread starter
Not one of the really well known names so I wanted to turn you guys onto these folks.
Link: Motoport USA | Custom Motorcycle Apparel
A couple of years back, I put untold hours into researching gear, before selecting the Air Mesh Kevlar jacket and the [url=http://www.motoport.com/index.php?option=com_redshop&view=product&pid=51&cid=29&Itemid=15]Police Air Mesh Kevlar pants.
Arguably not your most stylish choice, but I was foremost after safety, both for impact and abrasion resistance. The Air Mesh Kevlar has a tear force resistance that is over 10 times greater than new competition grade leather!
Take a moment to read their info [url=http://www.motoport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10
ave-your-hide-guide&catid=1:articles&Itemid=22]Save Your Hide Guide (especially the tear and abrasion index, at the very bottom) and consider the info in light of the gear you are wearing now, regardless of whether you buy into their Kevlar gear, or not. Some of the fancy name synthetic materials being marketed to riders play on ignorance, and are actually dangerous. The info here is a good education.
Link: Motoport USA | Custom Motorcycle Apparel
A couple of years back, I put untold hours into researching gear, before selecting the Air Mesh Kevlar jacket and the [url=http://www.motoport.com/index.php?option=com_redshop&view=product&pid=51&cid=29&Itemid=15]Police Air Mesh Kevlar pants.
Arguably not your most stylish choice, but I was foremost after safety, both for impact and abrasion resistance. The Air Mesh Kevlar has a tear force resistance that is over 10 times greater than new competition grade leather!
Take a moment to read their info [url=http://www.motoport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10
ave-your-hide-guide&catid=1:articles&Itemid=22]Save Your Hide Guide (especially the tear and abrasion index, at the very bottom) and consider the info in light of the gear you are wearing now, regardless of whether you buy into their Kevlar gear, or not. Some of the fancy name synthetic materials being marketed to riders play on ignorance, and are actually dangerous. The info here is a good education.