Randy B
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Funny to see what wrong assumptions ppl make by 1 picture.Chapomis_imp said:Looks like the couple on the BMW crossed the line into the Harley ?
oeps yeah, couldn't click the link on my workCormanus_imp said:Riko, isn't the full gallery is on RandyB's link in the first post?
Chapomis, like Riko, I don't think it was a BMW. It looks a lot like the ST1300 I rode on the Dragon in 2015. I hope it wasn't the same one ridden by some Aussie or Brit who forgot which country he was in.

There's a lot to what you're saying here. It certainly appears that the rider of the ST (or whatever it was) is looking at the HD as he approached. In one of the frames just before impact, the ST is actually more upright; again, suggesting target fixation and chopping the throttle off while trying to brake. I can't say I'd do any better if in the same situation but it seems chances for avoiding the crash would have improved if the ST rider would have pulled his eyes away, cranking his head to the right, leaned more and rolled on the throttle. Time to scrape that pretty muffler. Again, easier said than done.LongRanger_imp said:Yikes. I'm assuming the ST rider was enamored by the beautiful oncoming Harley, target-fixated on it, and smacked it. You go where you look.