MOTHERS/MAG AND ALUMINUM POLISH.

Autosol is available everywhere around here and I've used it for years with great satisfaction on the bare aluminum cases of my vintage bikes and stainless steel pipes.
It can be a bit aggressive on chrome so don't be too rub too hard.
 
I Googled Autosol and it comes up everywhere. Even Wal-Mart. Or from Autosol.com in Austin, Tx.
 
Yep, a ton of autosol products available except for autosol metal lifesaver, a specific product mentioned by Vic. It's available in Australia but not here in USA as far as I can tell.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yeah, I know. Didn't they even change Brasso because of the EPA? I do know it doesn't work as good as it did back in the day.

Ferret, why do you have a period a few lines down from your sig. line? Just to add space at the bottom?
 
I dunno? lol Didn't notice that I did. maybe I can fix. There, how's that?
 
That's better. Why do you need it at all? If you decide to remove it, the spacing will look like mine and the rest of us. But it does look ok like it is.
 
Curly, I didn't even notice that! I saw toxic and all and quit reading :)
 
Sorry to create so much controversy with a maybe toxic solution to a stubborn problem.

Next time I wash the CB I'll make sure the run off doesn't go into the local drain and kill the unsuspecting Platypuses swimming in the creek.

It may even be too late. Haven't seen any in a while.:angel:
 
VicsCB1100_imp said:
Sorry to create so much controversy with a maybe toxic solution to a stubborn problem.

Next time I wash the CB I'll make sure the run off doesn't go into the local drain and kill the unsuspecting Platypuses swimming in the creek.

It may even be too late. Haven't seen any in a while.:angel:
Anything that removes/dissolves metal oxides effectively has to contain a strong acid. No way around it. You can save the platypuses if you sprinkle some bicarbonate of soda under the bike before you start the cleaning. :D
 
I gave up trying to keep mine polished and had them coated at jethot. It's not nearly as polished and beautiful as the stainless but it has kept its chrome like finish without discoloration for a year.
9ec2864efb84d7674e85e8e7f0c7492e.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Today I tackled this one and used Toillett bowl cleaner to start with. This is how I started (1st pic)
First I used Lysol Toillett bowl cleaner to get the results of second pic. The Lysol Toillett cleaner ileft for 10 minutes then washed it of with a scotch pad, then I washed the bike and used the Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish and the result was the third pic. The fourth pic is the t-shirts after use. I only did it for about ten minutes and I know I could have done better with more time spent.
708efd7f737bf122a209b44e53997b34.jpg
20ecd6e2a0a769c0c1d7e093bc34dde7.jpg
5e0058aaf5b044c8d6b63d6b6fa7dad8.jpg
956df4b86893294b0b1bab4714bf2eec.jpg


Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
After reading all of the reviews on Mothers/Mag I decided to give it a try. My bike (2014 CB1000) had brownish pipes when purchased new in 2018. I guess sitting in the warehouse for 4 years dulled the original shine. I never dreamed that the original pipes actually had a beautiful shine when new. My pipes had the typical brown spots and were looking pretty crappy. Mothers/Mag made them look better than new. Totally impressed with the results. Be patient and let the product do the work. I used old t-shirt strips as mentioned in previous posts. Change them out when they turn black. It took a little extra time to get the brown spots out, gentle rubbing and some time is all that it took.
 
Back
Top