Monkey Monkey

The ferret_imp said:
lol what's with you guys and noise?
I wouldn’t be after a loud exhaust, but one that addresses the restrictive design.

For me, the sound of the engine and it’s exhaust note is a stimulant to what little mind I have left :D
 
The ferret_imp said:
lol what's with you guys and noise?
Seriously! As a rider, I don't like my bike to be loud. As a citizen, I hate it when loud motorcycles drown out conversation. As I rider, I'm embarrassed for our avocation.

I think there's an underserved market for quiet aftermarket exhaust that a) reduces weight, b) looks better, and c) isn't louder than stock (but better tone is fine of course).
 
Stichill_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
lol what's with you guys and noise?
Seriously! As a rider, I don't like my bike to be loud. As a citizen, I hate it when loud motorcycles drown out conversation. As I rider, I'm embarrassed for our avocation.

I think there's an underserved market for quiet aftermarket exhaust that a) reduces weight, b) looks better, and c) isn't louder than stock (but better tone is fine of course).
Seriously! As a rider, I don't like my bike to be loud. As a citizen, I hate it when loud motorcycles drown out conversation. As I rider, I'm embarrassed for our avocation.

I think there's an underserved market for quiet aftermarket exhaust that a) reduces weight, b) looks better, and c) isn't louder than stock (but better tone is fine of course).
I really savour the silky soft, low frequency whirr-and-hum of the stock CB muffler(s).
 
I thought that, Ferret, but wasn’t brave enough to say it. :D
 
I also thought of Dan and Tim if that’s not too obscure.
 
Two of my lifelong friends are skinny guys over 6’6” tall. :P

I think they’d rather be shorter and I’d rather be taller, so we’re in the same boat. None of us properly fit most motorcycles or riding gear! :rofl:
 
Is it too tragic to admit I still have the album on my playlist?
 
Cormanus_imp said:

Interesting. I've probably heard it, but I'm more a movie guy than a music guy. Having ridden mainly motorcycles since I was 15, I never really got used to listening to a music/radio. I did drive a car for work for the last 25 years before retiring, but listened to talk radio while on the road, not music. Even today when I am in my truck I might turn music on for 15 or 20 minutes, then find it annoying and turn it off. I do have favorite bands from the 60s/70s but never really listen to them.
 
Stichill_imp said:
It would be more tragic if you were still driving a 1978 Capri and listening to it on an 8-track.
Oh, dear. :(
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
It would be more tragic if you were still driving a 1978 Capri and listening to it on an 8-track.
Oh, dear. :(
:rofl:
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:

Interesting. I've probably heard it, but I'm more a movie guy than a music guy. Having ridden mainly motorcycles since I was 15, I never really got used to listening to a music/radio. I did drive a car for work for the last 25 years before retiring, but listened to talk radio while on the road, not music. Even today when I am in my truck I might turn music on for 15 or 20 minutes, then find it annoying and turn it off. I do have favorite bands from the 60s/70s but never really listen to them.
Yup. Me to, just change 60s/70s to 80s/90s. I like listening to music I like, but I also get bored with the music I like. I wish there was a way to magically play music that I like but never heard before.

That being said, there is one band whose music I could listen to almost all the time...The Tarantulas.

Instrumental? Check
Guitar reverb? Check
Surf guitar? Check
Western guitar? Check
Talent? Check

Check out the track list on their album [url=https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Wave-100-Feet-High/dp/B001OFLZPE]Monster Wave...lots of references to riding as well as a '78 Honda. The driving guitar on that song evokes the thrum and cadence of an inline four.

 
Back
Top