Monkey Monkey

Saw a red one at my local dealer Saturday. Very comfortable. Bigger than you think. His next one is coming in March. It’s yellow and my name is on it. May end up getting two. Hoping for different colors.
 
Doc, me as well. I now have the room for two. There's a lot of good riding around here that can be reached without stepping foot on the freeway.
 
Alprider, I actually saw a nice one a VJMC show during 2016.
d68d109df7a7d305a24d72a37bfdf039.jpg
 
These do bring back childhood memories.

If I remember right I paid $249 for mine. I mowed 7 yards a week all summer long....paid for it that summer. I totally wore out a brand new push mower that my dad luckily didn't charge me for. I rode my bicycle all over town one handed pulling that lawnmower behind me with the other hand and a 2 gallon can of gas setting on the lawn mower that fell off sometimes when I hit a bump.... a one man show ;-)

I also wore out a couple sets of handlebars because back then you had to trim with the mower, there was no such thing as a weed eater or weed wacker.

Now I have a 2014 CB 1100 with 7000 miles on it worth about as much as a brand new monkey :-(
 
:rofl: that was an awesome post offroad :worship:
 
Agreed. I wonder how many kids today would bust their rump all summer just to earn enough money to buy something they coveted. I think, instead, their parents would simply buy it for them because their kids are so special.
 
I think kids today really don't have any ways to legitimately "bust their rump." Even when it was my generation's time as children in the 90's, you couldn't really go out and mow lawns or deliver newspapers or sell lemonade or any of that stuff you could do in the good old days. These days there's basically nothing a kid can do to make money. when a gaggle of neighborhood kids goes around trying to see if somebody will let them mow lawns for money, everybody just says no. nobody wants to spend money on stuff like that, or if they do they'd rather pay an adult professional landscaper. open up a lemonade stand and in your neighborhood these days and the HOA is going to be crawling all over the parents. forget newspapers. that's a dead industry.

i guess, what i'm trying to say is, being fair to kids today, they really don't have any other option other than waiting for their parents to buy it for them. at best, they can do fake jobs for their parents in exchange for an allowance they probably would have got anyway.

you can forget making enough money to buy a monkey :-p.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Agreed. I wonder how many kids today would bust their rump all summer just to earn enough money to buy something they coveted. I think, instead, their parents would simply buy it for them because their kids are so special.
That's what I am seeing. Sad. There are a few good ones though.
 
When our kids were growing up in the eighties/nineties I told them : Do Not Use Drugs , Sell Them , that is were the money is ……..
 
Razor_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
this is worth mentioning to hondafans if nobody was aware of it: the 2020 Monkey has already been confirmed....with an even better paint job.



https://powersports.honda.com/2020/monkey.aspx
Beautiful, really. :thumbsup:
Beautiful, really. :thumbsup:
I agree... love that color!

Just my 2cents, there’s definitely opportunity for an aftermarket exhaust :idea:
when there's an opportunity to put this pipe on your bike, every bike needs a new exhaust:

 
lol what's with you guys and noise?
 
for me, the noise is just a side effect. i'm understandably enamored with the titanium rainbows right now, so that over racing pipe on the monkey is my idea of a very radical exhaust.
incidentally, if you're intending to do the east coast rally in WV this year ferret you'd better cover your ears when i come by.
 
:rofl: ok... I will either stay in front... or way behind
 
Back
Top