Modular Helmet...

Thread starter
If that's the case, why did you not unload the 3/4 as well... actually, from your statement, I would have guessed the 3/4 would have been the First to go...?
 
quietguy_imp said:
If that's the case, why did you not unload the 3/4 as well... actually, from your statement, I would have guessed the 3/4 would have been the First to go...?
good question, I kept the J-Cruise for the hottest of hot days, only wear it about 5% of the time, although feel very vulnerable when I do, like riding naked. I figured with the modular, as long as I was going to have a chin piece in front of my chin, I wanted a real full face, not a pretend where the chin protector could possibly move out of place on impact.,, was not worth the convenience of being able to lift the modular part up when I stop for gas...if needed, I'll just take the full face off my head.
 
Thread starter
I wear glasses while riding/driving so that's one issue with full face. But I like the idea of the modular as far as ease of putting it on and removal. Plus, as was pointed out earlier, not having to remove the helmet when getting gas or short stops.

I've decided it to be prudent to go try some on before purchase... make sure of fit, comfort, etc.

I do appreciate all the great input I've received on this Thread - Thanks.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
My first summer with the CB, I ordered a Shoei Full, 3/4 and Modular, ended up putting the modular on ebay, figured if I was in a wreck, I wanted the real deal. Face is as important as the head.
6a17d33c4786bbeba0bc281369c1cf2a.jpg
I like that diagram. Icon even made a helmet to go with it.

05cb638817e66c7aed58821615a5280b.jpg

HikerToo_imp said:
My first summer with the CB, I ordered a Shoei Full, 3/4 and Modular, ended up putting the modular on ebay, figured if I was in a wreck, I wanted the real deal. Face is as important as the head.
6a17d33c4786bbeba0bc281369c1cf2a.jpg
I like that diagram. Icon even made a helmet to go with it.

5e3065f0782093c5b86c4ed909b6d49d.jpg


Edit: I don't know why it posted this 4 times.
 
The way I see it if OP goes from a 3/4 to modular he will be increasing his level of safety even if it's not the absolute highest level of safety (full face)
 
I wear glasses and I've tried on a few modular helmets. I still had to take my glasses off to get the helmets on. No use to me.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I wear glasses and I've tried on a few modular helmets. I still had to take my glasses off to get the helmets on. No use to me.
During some recent research on modular helmets, I read about a couple of helmets that boasted being more accommodating for eyeglass wearers. Don't ask me which one though :huh:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I wear glasses and I've tried on a few modular helmets. I still had to take my glasses off to get the helmets on. No use to me.
George, have you tried a Nolan? Before my eye surgery I wore glasses for 25 years and the best selling point of the Nolan was that I could don and remove it while wearing glasses.
 
I put on and take off my HJC CL max modular without removing my glasses. I have had other HJCs that I couldn't do it with though.
 
I think the Nolan may have been the first modular I tried, Steve. Off they came.

My Shark full face is very accommodating of glasses. It's designed for us what wears them to be able to slide them on easily.
 
Its sometimes good to just let things evolve. The only thing I was sure that I wanted to add to my CB were the gaiters, the rest came over time.
 
Thread starter
Chapomis_imp said:
Its sometimes good to just let things evolve. The only thing I was sure that I wanted to add to my CB were the gaiters, the rest came over time.
I agree completely, Chapomis. I WILL be purchasing the Tourmaster Select saddlebags. I will need them for my upcoming ride to the Texas Hill Country (April).

Thank you for your comment...
 
When I bought my first motorcycle as a teenager I promised my mother that I'd always wear a helmet (and do) she responded that it better be a full face one so she could say "I told you so" to me while I was comfortably laying in my coffin.

Tried my first modular helmet about three years (HJC) ago after using mostly Shoei full face helmets. I wear earplugs when riding so helmet noise not as big a factor - love dem ear plugs. Visibility good with both, I constantly swivel my head while riding, never trusted car drivers much and now that a cell phone is a standard accessory look out. Internal sun shield nice, fit and finish good, excellent warranty, pinlock worth the money, convenience of flip up is outstanding. Tried my old full face for a week, quickly went back to modular.

Safety? Local police motorcycle officers wear them - same brand. They say they are safe enough for them.
If you ride a motorcycle you are an optimist.
 
Thread starter
4 Paws_imp said:
When I bought my first motorcycle as a teenager I promised my mother that I'd always wear a helmet (and do) she responded that it better be a full face one so she could say "I told you so" to me while I was comfortably laying in my coffin.

Tried my first modular helmet about three years (HJC) ago after using mostly Shoei full face helmets. I wear earplugs when riding so helmet noise not as big a factor - love dem ear plugs. Visibility good with both, I constantly swivel my head while riding, never trusted car drivers much and now that a cell phone is a standard accessory look out. Internal sun shield nice, fit and finish good, excellent warranty, pinlock worth the money, convenience of flip up is outstanding. Tried my old full face for a week, quickly went back to modular.

Safety? Local police motorcycle officers wear them - same brand. They say they are safe enough for them.
If you ride a motorcycle you are an optimist.
A metaphor to remember...
 
Back
Top