quietguy_imp
Been there
Thread starter
If that's the case, why did you not unload the 3/4 as well... actually, from your statement, I would have guessed the 3/4 would have been the First to go...?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
good question, I kept the J-Cruise for the hottest of hot days, only wear it about 5% of the time, although feel very vulnerable when I do, like riding naked. I figured with the modular, as long as I was going to have a chin piece in front of my chin, I wanted a real full face, not a pretend where the chin protector could possibly move out of place on impact.,, was not worth the convenience of being able to lift the modular part up when I stop for gas...if needed, I'll just take the full face off my head.quietguy_imp said:If that's the case, why did you not unload the 3/4 as well... actually, from your statement, I would have guessed the 3/4 would have been the First to go...?
I like that diagram. Icon even made a helmet to go with it.HikerToo_imp said:My first summer with the CB, I ordered a Shoei Full, 3/4 and Modular, ended up putting the modular on ebay, figured if I was in a wreck, I wanted the real deal. Face is as important as the head.
![]()
I like that diagram. Icon even made a helmet to go with it.HikerToo_imp said:My first summer with the CB, I ordered a Shoei Full, 3/4 and Modular, ended up putting the modular on ebay, figured if I was in a wreck, I wanted the real deal. Face is as important as the head.
![]()
During some recent research on modular helmets, I read about a couple of helmets that boasted being more accommodating for eyeglass wearers. Don't ask me which one though :huh:Cormanus_imp said:I wear glasses and I've tried on a few modular helmets. I still had to take my glasses off to get the helmets on. No use to me.
George, have you tried a Nolan? Before my eye surgery I wore glasses for 25 years and the best selling point of the Nolan was that I could don and remove it while wearing glasses.Cormanus_imp said:I wear glasses and I've tried on a few modular helmets. I still had to take my glasses off to get the helmets on. No use to me.
The first was the N-102 in 2006, replaced with N-103 4 years later.Chapomis_imp said:What model is your current Nolan ? And what models have you had in the past ?
I agree completely, Chapomis. I WILL be purchasing the Tourmaster Select saddlebags. I will need them for my upcoming ride to the Texas Hill Country (April).Chapomis_imp said:Its sometimes good to just let things evolve. The only thing I was sure that I wanted to add to my CB were the gaiters, the rest came over time.
A metaphor to remember...4 Paws_imp said:When I bought my first motorcycle as a teenager I promised my mother that I'd always wear a helmet (and do) she responded that it better be a full face one so she could say "I told you so" to me while I was comfortably laying in my coffin.
Tried my first modular helmet about three years (HJC) ago after using mostly Shoei full face helmets. I wear earplugs when riding so helmet noise not as big a factor - love dem ear plugs. Visibility good with both, I constantly swivel my head while riding, never trusted car drivers much and now that a cell phone is a standard accessory look out. Internal sun shield nice, fit and finish good, excellent warranty, pinlock worth the money, convenience of flip up is outstanding. Tried my old full face for a week, quickly went back to modular.
Safety? Local police motorcycle officers wear them - same brand. They say they are safe enough for them.
If you ride a motorcycle you are an optimist.