misterprofessionality
Road warrior
Thread starter
This is something one or two people have done in order to capture the aesthetic of the cast wheels of the early 1980s on honda CBs. in specific I think i remember Powerdubs doing it, but he's Away now of course, and I haven't been able to locate his original thread on doing it. What i'm looking for is some specific methodology for refinishing the edges of my black painted wheels to show the nice silver underneath, and how to do that in a way that won't cause my wheels to go to crap over time. See an example below:
This is one of the OEM wheels from 1982. notice how the black is accompanied by bits of trim on the edges that are a nice silver.
This is an example of somebody who's done something like that on a modern CB1100. The black finish on the wheel has been skillfully removed.
I see this as essentially a Zero cost mod unless it requires some crazy tool i don't have, so I wanted to see what the correct method would be for getting this done. Instict tells me if i just get a wirebrush bit for my dremel and rub it off i'm going to have problems with the finish later on, so it can't be that simple.
This is one of the OEM wheels from 1982. notice how the black is accompanied by bits of trim on the edges that are a nice silver.
This is an example of somebody who's done something like that on a modern CB1100. The black finish on the wheel has been skillfully removed.
I see this as essentially a Zero cost mod unless it requires some crazy tool i don't have, so I wanted to see what the correct method would be for getting this done. Instict tells me if i just get a wirebrush bit for my dremel and rub it off i'm going to have problems with the finish later on, so it can't be that simple.