Mirror, Mirror

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Timpo’s first post on this forum, CB mods http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2614 , was an eye opener to say the least. Two of the Ryujin custom bikes Timpo showed us use Magic Racing mirrors.

http://www.magicalracing.co.jp/Products/nk1_mirror.html

Magic Racing offers numerous options on these high end mirrors, including stem length, finish and head type. I thought I’d show you the 6 head types:

700afa97677d611e2c34b446c6dd4f38.jpg


ab337d42bd3fce9124d731f218509a72.jpg


a47b52c11c0264b476510e2335e8cde3.jpg


9d3dce854a999b88d8d65a3aa7ab29c2.jpg


a6e32d42f07943140417eeeda9f2258b.jpg


b9c58cd077b0439b008c77ae0604b236.jpg


If you are willing to part with some serious money, you can order these mirrors directly from Magic Mirror or through Samurider.

I’m saving up.
 
Thread starter
I was amazed when I searched for Magic Racer mirrors on Webike just now and got over 1200 different items. Magic Racer has a great website that translates very well using Google translate. You can see all the options and other carbon fiber goodies.

The mirrors I posted will run you around $320 - $340 shipped.

There are many quality mirrors out there for a third of that price, but I believe these MR mirrors are at the top end of the mirror market. Besides, nothing is too good for the "old girl" (as someone referred to their old 2013 model).

I currently have these Japanese aftermarket mirrors on my bike but they are unusable above 3500 rpm. Need something better..

34008a340ab1c388583b8b2ec67d5ef9.jpg
 
That's absurdly expensive. The fleabay CNC Rizoma knockoff mirrors I got were cheap and work great at all RPMs but the sun is erroding the anodized finish pretty badly. I think I might actually pull the trigger on a pair of legitimate Rizoma mirrors next.
 
Joola_imp said:
That's absurdly expensive. The fleabay CNC Rizoma knockoff mirrors I got were cheap and work great at all RPMs but the sun is erroding the anodized finish pretty badly. I think I might actually pull the trigger on a pair of legitimate Rizoma mirrors next.
Funny Joola..my son came over and picked up his Ducati from my garage the other day. He looked at his mirrors and commented on the coloring. His Rizoma knock offs turned bronze and black as well, but not equally. He originally had said he wasn't going to buy anything knock off for his Ducati, but the Rizomas were so expensive he tried the knock offs. Now he is going to order the Rizomas lol
 
Thread starter
Mr. T is setting me up with several goodies.

Takashi mentioned that a young lady owner of a 2013 CB1100 just replaced the seat and tank with the 2014 EX versions.

かっしー一家のツーリング日誌 カスタマイズ

She provides side by side before and after pictures. And yes, the grab bar had to be repositioned on her bike for the 2014 seat to fit.

I love the translation. She talks about the 2013 seat, can't upgrade to a 2014, and instead does the seat and tank change.

Feet good seat, so thin, but when I ride 2 hours

Ass gone sore, Geruzabu (seat pad) also tried but not improved ...

That it is not if you wanted, but to exchange sheet.

This time, EX becomes the launch, it is not possible to change full

And I decided to minor change and if, to replace the seat and tank.

Customers should check or can be installed towards the mechanic of Dream Stores,
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Mr. T is setting me up with several goodies.

Takashi mentioned that a young lady owner of a 2013 CB1100 just replaced the seat and tank with the 2014 EX versions.

かっしー一家のツーリング日誌 カスタマイズ

She provides side by side before and after pictures. And yes, the grab bar had to be repositioned on her bike for the 2014 seat to fit.

I love the translation. She talks about the 2013 seat, can't upgrade to a 2014, and instead does the seat and tank change.

Feet good seat, so thin, but when I ride 2 hours

Ass gone sore, Geruzabu (seat pad) also tried but not improved ...

That it is not if you wanted, but to exchange sheet.

This time, EX becomes the launch, it is not possible to change full

And I decided to minor change and if, to replace the seat and tank.

Customers should check or can be installed towards the mechanic of Dream Stores,
My bar had to be moved down also about an inch on the rear bolt. The seat came with 2 little drop brackets. These seats must be taller then the Cozy style.

Great research work CB4ME, interesting stuff for the '13 owners here. :)
 
Thread starter
I pulled the trigger on a pair of Magic Racing mirrors - short elbow stem, 10mm positive (clockwise) bolts, and Type 4 head in carbon twill. These were custom order so I'll have to wait a couple of weeks. Takashi gave me a great deal. (Mr T didn't want me to devulge the price, but these mirrors list for 41,000 yen! - Yes, I know - absurd :) ).

I also ordered a silver finish TSR engine hanger, 2 sheets of TachSpec sharkskin for tank pads, and I'm on my 3rd attempt at getting a "Honda" 3D emblem. I had to file a claim with PayPal on the first order for 2 emblems. The seller never delivered or responded. My other emblem order turned out to be a decal. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm. It's a trunk emblem off a Goldwing.

And I thought I was done farkling my bike.
 
Man, I really like those mirrors, but Mr. T would have to make a really good deal for me to get them. I have a hard time spending 41,000yen for mirrors.
 
Back
Top