Minor cable issue

Just take off the old tape, pull the wire shield back up near the bellows thing and retape with some good electrician tape. And don't worry about it. That's the fuel vapor canister purge valve.
 
Thread starter
Looks like its that heat shrink stuff. I'm cool with taping it up. But going to dealership for a visit, and may as well have them tie it down.

And now I know what the heck it is.
 
Quote:Looks like its that heat shrink stuff. I'm cool with taping it up. But going to dealership for a visit, and may as well have them tie it down.

And now I know what the heck it is.
Mine looks exactly like yours. I am going to put a piece of tape on it and call it good. The best tape for this application would be Gorilla Duct Tape, the black color. Cut a piece to size, wrap it around and when the tape sticks to itself, that's good for the next 10 years.
 
Myconcern would be that kink in it, in the first pic
I just went out and looked at mine and its actually worse than yours. The two coverings are not even together on mine. There are 2 little wires inside the covering, a black/ white one and a black/ yellow one. The covering is just that a housing for the wires. I too will just tape mine up and be done with it.

I also wouldn't worry about that kink in the covering on yours.
 
Fixed..although my only concern was water getting in there when washing the bike and riding in the rain. Not an issue anymore. Thanks for pointing it out Obliviontoad!

 
Back
Top