Miles since retirement

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just added them up .............

In the last 4 1/2 years since retirement, as of today, I have ridden 100,975 miles

(knew I was getting close to 100K)

Life is good :biker:
 
Wow! Good work, Ferret. Ride on. :biker:
 
Excellent ferret :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You covered a lot of ground in a short time.
I haven't been keeping a strict record, but in the 25 years I've been retired I've ridden about 140,000 kilometres = 87,000 miles.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Just added them up .............

In the last 4 1/2 years since retirement, as of today, I have ridden 100,975 miles

(knew I was getting close to 100K)

Life is good :biker:
Impressive....That's probably more miles than you've driven on 4 wheels in the same time period.
 
Thread starter
Lol yea, a lot more. I personally drive less than 2000 miles a year on 4 wheels since retiring. Mostly 14 mile round trip to the grocery every 2 weeks.
 
I hit 15000 on the cb today which means I've ridden it a little less than 10,000km since owning it, add the 24k I did on the CTX and that puts me in the neighbourhood of 34000 km in a little over a year or around 20000 miles. I'm going to need to step it up 4 or 5k to get to ferret levels!
 
Thread starter
Big Sheep you are talking Canadian miles.. Roughly equivalent to Wisc miles, but worth a whole lot more than Ohio miles ( and worth maybe 4 x as much as So Cal miles lol) . I get to ride 12 months a year most years, although I do have to endure some cold and snow.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Big Sheep you are talking Canadian miles.. Roughly equivalent to Wisc miles, but worth a whole lot more than Ohio miles ( and worth maybe 4 x as much as So Cal miles lol) . I get to ride 12 months a year most years, although I do have to endure some cold and snow.
Most of us up here in the Great White North lay our bikes up for 5-6 months over the winter which certainly cuts into our mileage totals.
 
22nd of June 17

The retirement goal posts have been moved of late down here in the Banana Republic might be some time before I can start the retirement distance ridden ledger.

Regards
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lol yea, a lot more. I personally drive less than 2000 miles a year on 4 wheels since retiring. Mostly 14 mile round trip to the grocery every 2 weeks.
Wow... 8-9000 miles on 4 wheels and over 100,000 miles on 2 in 4+1/2 years.
That's amazing. Most of us would have those numbers reversed. And you live where it snows which makes it even more of an accomplishment. Good job! :biker: :clap:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Just added them up .............

In the last 4 1/2 years since retirement, as of today, I have ridden 100,975 miles

(knew I was getting close to 100K)

Life is good :biker:
Well done!
 
Thread starter
ride4now_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Lol yea, a lot more. I personally drive less than 2000 miles a year on 4 wheels since retiring. Mostly 14 mile round trip to the grocery every 2 weeks.
Wow... 8-9000 miles on 4 wheels and over 100,000 miles on 2 in 4+1/2 years.
That's amazing. Most of us would have those numbers reversed. And you live where it snows which makes it even more of an accomplishment. Good job! :biker: :clap:
Wow... 8-9000 miles on 4 wheels and over 100,000 miles on 2 in 4+1/2 years.
That's amazing. Most of us would have those numbers reversed. And you live where it snows which makes it even more of an accomplishment. Good job! :biker: :clap:
You just have to make the commitment that you are riding the bike. This morning I have a dentist appt. Bike is already out and warmed up. Leaving in 10. After that is the hardware store. What I need will fit in the trunk of the ST. Then a stop at the mc shop to discuss Yamaha demo days tomorrow and Saturday. Then take the long way home. This afternoon will be a pleasure ride with my wife.

I don't even think about the car/truck unless I need to haul something big or the weather is just miserable and I have to go someplace that can't be put off until the weather is nicer.

I rode to my buddy's funeral last weekend.
 
I have been privileged enough to ride with The Ferret for just about 1% of his retirement miles. Congratulations on the milestone, Mickey.
 
Hopefully in the not too distant future I'll get to experience that but hoping to include many miles around the country as part of it. Many places to see.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Just added them up .............

In the last 4 1/2 years since retirement, as of today, I have ridden 100,975 miles

(knew I was getting close to 100K)

Life is good :biker:
Well, 100,000 miles at 55mph is about 75 days and nights on the bike. What did you do the rest of the 1,567 days and nights.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
I just tallied up my miles since I retired 2 years + one month ago and it's about 25,000 miles. So it looks like I'm half a Ferret. :)

Congrats on the milestone Ferret!
 
Thread starter
Retsel_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Just added them up .............

In the last 4 1/2 years since retirement, as of today, I have ridden 100,975 miles

(knew I was getting close to 100K)

Life is good :biker:
Well, 100,000 miles at 55mph is about 75 days and nights on the bike. What did you do the rest of the 1,567 days and nights.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
I know..slacker, right?
 
curlyjoe_imp said:
I just tallied up my miles since I retired 2 years + one month ago and it's about 25,000 miles. So it looks like I'm half a Ferret. :)

Congrats on the milestone Ferret!
That's quite impressive too for such a short time.
Good for you :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top