Mileage Milestones Part 2

Thread starter
105,600 miles in colonial speak. Way to go Cormanus!
 
I had a moment of forum purity this morning and sent several posts and responses about mileage on other bikes to the 'What did you do in your other bike' thread this morning.

Happy to hear about your achievements on all motorcycles, but this tiny slice of the forum is reserved for posts on the primary reason we're here: the CB1100.
 
Thread starter
Turned over this on mine at the CB Rally in Wisconsin this week

AeLOA2d.jpg
 
Well done Ferret. Imagine what it could be if you were a one-bike man!
 
Congratulations Ferret. How many valve inspections or valve adjustments have you done to your bike over these past 80k miles?
 
Thread starter
dave said:
Congratulations Ferret. How many valve inspections or valve adjustments have you done to your bike over these past 80k miles?

Zero. Valve cover has never been off.


Cormanus said:
Well done Ferret. Imagine what it could be if you were a one-bike man!

Well, I can tell you according to my records since Jan 2014 I have ridden 270,434 miles
 
Fairly annoyed that I can’t figure out how to insert pictures here from Imgur on my phone.  I’ll continue to reread the various instructions posted on this forum, but if you’re wondering why I don’t post as much as I used to, here’s one reason.  

74000 miles on the way home from the rally.   Hit 73000 on the way to the rally, but didn’t capture the moment.


emptysea said:

Fairly annoyed that I can’t figure out how to insert pictures here from Imgur on my phone.  I’ll continue to reread the various instructions posted on this forum, but if you’re wondering why I don’t post as much as I used to, here’s one reason.  

74000 miles on the way home from the rally.   Hit 73000 on the way to the rally, but didn’t capture the moment.

Edit: I can upload some individual pics like this directly (which I had forgotten), but I don’t believe I can do that for multiple photos.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3501.webp
    IMG_3501.webp
    637.8 KB · Views: 43
I gave up on Imgur. Somehow finding the links for forums got too obscure.

Edit: I just opened the Imgur app on my tablet and it took me an age to find the images I've uploaded there. I could copy a link, but it wouldn't display the image here.

You can upload multiple images to the site using the feature on the <Reply> page. Just tap in the Attachments box, select <Photo Library>, select the pictures you want and click on whatever you need to take the next step. After they've uploaded, you can insert them into your post or do nothing and have them display at the bottom of it.

Further edit

I just asked AI for help. I'm not sure it was quite right, but using the Imgur app on my tablet, here's how I was able to get a link to an Imgur image that would display here:

  1. Locate the image you want to display in Imgur and display it in the app
  2. Long press the image until a range of sharing options appears
  3. Select <open in browser>. The image should then open in a browser on your device
  4. Tap on the image and you should see "Copy link ..." in the top right of the image
  5. Click on the three dots
  6. Click on <Get share links>
  7. Copy the link in <BBCode (forums)>
  8. Paste it into your post here.

What you paste should look something like:
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/fB5rvLv.jpeg[/IMG]

If the link doesn't begin "i.imgur.com" and end in ".jpeg" or ".jpg", there's something wrong.

How clunky is that?

If the above doesn't work ...

or you can't make sense of it, let me know and I'll build instructions with screen shots.
 
Ferret, you are truly an inspiration, not only for your incredible mileage log, but for your stalwart non-valved-adjustedness. Gives me hope, and as long as mine never leaks, I'll keep the faith as well.

 
Back
Top