Mileage Milestones Part 2

We are delighted you are on tour, doing well, and sharing the milestones on the Forum. We are living vicariously through you at the moment, and life is very good! Be safe and have fun. David
 
Thread starter
Way to go Cormanus ...105,000 mi
 
Another milestone with my R18: 57,771 km
PXL_20260416_152755003.PORTRAIT_33.jpg


My R18 gets absolutely filthy in the rain because the splash protection isn’t great.
PXL_20260416_134723321.PORTRAIT_33.jpg


Nice pattern on my tank drawn by the wind though.

PXL_20260414_141810951.PORTRAIT_33.jpg
 
Ugly dirt.. but nice mileage!
Django, to acheive this result, are you raunning your R18 on all four cylinders ... or just two..?  :P :)
 
Well done, Cormanus and Django!!! When the Ferret & Peter Baron comment on your post, you know you have done something right!!! David
 
Hey, Django, what does "Rock" mean on the gauge?
 
That means: let's rock!  :cool:

It's the riding mode. Other bikes have something like: rain - road - dynamic (or sport), the R18 has: rain - roll - rock.  :D

It controls the power delivery of the motor.

Rain mode is super soft. Switched to it by accident once and thought I was running on one cylinder beer mug.  :rolleyes:
Roll mode is nice and smooth.
Rock mode is full power.

I always ride rock mode. I can ease off the throttle by myself, when it's getting diffficult.  :D
 
Reminds me of demo-riding the Verge electric motorcycle. If I recall correctly its modes were “chill” and “beast”. I could be wrong.
 
The first thing I think of when I think of something fast is a rock.
 
Keep that odometer spinning PB.
 
Although my Forum heroes like the Ferret and Cormanus will clock 10,000+ miles per year on their motorcycles, I did manage to reach that milestone on mine, though it took me a decade.  :hilarious:

6i8vZyF.jpeg


What is truly more impressive than the 1,800 miles or so I ride each year is just how well my CB1100EX has held up. I ride in fine weather, rain, high winds, hell-hot heat, and bone-chilling cold (or at least the California version of it). I ride when I can regardless of the conditions. Bugs, rocks, dust, rain, tar, gravel, oil, and everything else on a city street, highway, or country road comes into contact with my motorcycle at speeds ranging from 2-80 miles per hour. Mitsuyoshi Kohama did indeed build a world-class motorcycle that just "demands to be ridden." He also used materials, craftsmanship, and engineering to make it possible to weather the ride well and be ready for the next one. See my motorcycle with 9,990 miles on the clock:

fpAIKhU.jpeg


That's all Honda, my friends. We own great motorcycles which are made to last.

I hesitate to put my name on the mileage-tracking report because it will draw attention to how I continue to struggle to find time for the things I love. But on this day, I felt like I could hang out with the cool dudes on the Forum. Now, I must return to the land of the nerds to earn a living. Have a great week. David
 
Back
Top