Mileage Milestones Part 2

peterbaron said:
Need to now what are Rock, H  and ⚠️ for?

The R18 has three riding modes: Rock – Roll – Rain (I basically use only rock-modus, even in rain  :D ) or:
Rock - lot of fun
Roll - smooth fun
Rain - limited fun

(H): hill start control is activated (brake is engaged and will release automatically when setting off)

⚠️: signals a warning, Several warnings may appear, you may enter the menu to see the complete warning. In this case it is a hint, that the battery of the key is a little low and should be replaced soon.
Other warnings may be: fuel is low, next service is due, ABS issue etc etc
 
Today, on a 116 kms ride on my Z650RS, I reached 5,000 kms since mid August.

SJdiy4R.jpg
 
I’ve noticed bikes are clocking miles/kms but the forum is TOO SLOW ‼️
Almost no posts or and always the same members keep this forum alive‼️
 
peterbaron said:
I’ve noticed bikes are clocking miles/kms but the forum is TOO SLOW ‼️
Almost no posts or and always the same members keep this forum alive‼️

When winter comes around, I get maybe 1 riding day per week, sometimes one day during 3 weeks.  With 3 bikes, the CB doesn't get much attention.  But I have to do brake fluid this winter, possibly chain and sprockets, so likely some questions coming soon.
 
I put ~4,000 miles on mine this year.... and I think it might be resting in the stable for the winter. I still come by and check the forum everyday! Just been difficult recently with the cold weather and hunting season.
Not that I won't ride in the cold, it just takes way less time to hop in the truck compared to putting all my gear on.

And much like pdedse, there is chain and sprocket on my winter to-do list, and possibly new tires!
 
mattmcuomo, that's a fine mileage. Well done. What year CB1100 do you have.
 
mattmcuomo@yahoo.com said:
Cormanus said:
mattmcuomo, that's a fine mileage. Well done. What year CB1100 do you have.

It's a 2014. I bought it new in 2015.
I tried to post a picture but it didn't work ?

You can upload pictures that are smaller than 2 MB in size to the Forum. See Thread Cormanus created documenting the process:

The CB1100 Community Forum

For larger pictures, please use a hosting service. I recommend using Imgur:

The CB1100 Community Forum

Take care, David
 
mattmcuomo@yahoo.com said:
peterbaron said:
Matt, any major problems, parts replaced, how about valve adjustment, any done??

No major problems. And no, I've never checked the valve clearance. I change the oil every 4000 miles and I only use Honda 10/40 (never synthetic) and a Honda oil filter.

This is good news!  I've averaged 4,000 miles a year on my CB1100 since 2018.  It's got 30k miles now.  170k miles less 30k = 140k more miles that my bike should last.  Let's see...140k divided by 4k per year...that's 35 more years I can get out of this bike.  That means I need to ride till I'm 107.

:biker:
 
mattmcuomo@yahoo.com said:
peterbaron said:
Matt, any major problems, parts replaced, how about valve adjustment, any done??

No major problems. And no, I've never checked the valve clearance. I change the oil every 4000 miles and I only use Honda 10/40 (never synthetic) and a Honda oil filter.

Matt, you've never even checked your valves? That's pretty incredible. Do you plan to ever check your valves? If you do, please post the clearances you measure at that time.

Why do you not use synthetic motor oil?

Thanks.
 
dave said:
mattmcuomo@yahoo.com said:
peterbaron said:
Matt, any major problems, parts replaced, how about valve adjustment, any done??

No major problems. And no, I've never checked the valve clearance. I change the oil every 4000 miles and I only use Honda 10/40 (never synthetic) and a Honda oil filter.

Matt, you've never even checked your valves? That's pretty incredible. Do you plan to ever check your valves? If you do, please post the clearances you measure at that time.

Why do you not use synthetic motor oil?

Thanks.

Maybe I'll check them eventually. Probably after 200,000 miles, I don't know... As far as synthetic oil, I've never been a fan. My son put synthetic in my truck not too long ago and now it leaks oil. I know a few people that have had the same problem. I think it hardens the gaskets and seals.
 
I've had another since then, but I was having such fun I missed it with the camera.
 
Back
Top