the Ferret
Road warrior
Thread starter
Starting a new thread after clearing out the old one due to storage issues
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.




Cormanus said:It was a busy day on the odometer today The little digital wheel to the right of the decimal point on Trip Meter A rolled around 2,976 times.
At 870 of those revolutions, the main Odometer read:
Twelve revolutions later at 882, it read:
For those who continue to work in the antiquated imperial measurement system, there's a significant number in there.
Just so we're clear about the commitment of your correspondent to providing entertainment for you, this event took place between 26°49'34.6"S 153°02'04.5"E and 26°49'02.5"S 153°02'12.7"E. Preparing photographic evidence required stopping on the very narrow shoulder of the M1 motorway north of Brisbane and being buffeted by vehicles hurtling past at speeds in excess of 100 kph.
Later in the day I passed another more conventional milestone, mercifully on a quiet road.
[/QUOTE]Cormanus said:It was a busy day on the odometer today The little digital wheel to the right of the decimal point on Trip Meter A rolled around 2,976 times.
At 870 of those revolutions, the main Odometer read:
Twelve revolutions later at 882, it read:
For those who continue to work in the antiquated imperial measurement system, there's a significant number in there.
Just so we're clear about the commitment of your correspondent to providing entertainment for you, this event took place between 26°49'34.6"S 153°02'04.5"E and 26°49'02.5"S 153°02'12.7"E. Preparing photographic evidence required stopping on the very narrow shoulder of the M1 motorway north of Brisbane and being buffeted by vehicles hurtling past at speeds in excess of 100 kph.
Later in the day I passed another more conventional milestone, mercifully on a quiet road.
Cormanus said:

Ok, if we're going to include vehicles other than our CB1100's, then I'll post my 1981 VW Diesel Rabbit. This picture was taken six years ago. I am the original owner, and I still own this car. It doesn't get driven a whole lot now, but it now has over 434,000 miles on it.Django said:Hit 4,000 km on the new bike yesterday, loving the F900XR!
![]()
![]()
Gone in 60 said:Wow! Nice Rabbit. My high school auto shop teacher drove a Rabbit diesel. If I recall, it died a horrible death when a very well-meaning but misinformed student mistook the oil cap for the radiator cap and filled the engine to capacity with water.
dave said:Ok, if we're going to include vehicles other than our CB1100's, then I'll post my 1981 VW Diesel Rabbit. This picture was taken six years ago. I am the original owner, and I still own this car. It doesn't get driven a whole lot now, but it now has over 434,000 miles on it.