Midnight in Seattle

kennyw

Road warrior
Thread starter
Nothing special, just love the quality of my new $50 camera one you get the mounting stable. I still need a little bit more shiming to get rid of the vibration between the camera and waterproof housing.

 
Looks good! What camera did you get? I look forward to your trip edit. Maybe when you return we can get a meet-up put together, there's a lot of us in the PNW. Have a great trip! Jon Z
 
Thread starter
I picked up one of these.

DBPOWER Waterproof Action Camera 12MP 1080P HD with 2 Batteries and Free Accessories Kit (Silver) Amazon.com
 
Takes a good picture, kenny. That was a huge shadowy bikie gang that, one by one, overtook you.
 
Kenny how is that working now? Did you take it on your trip? How many minutes video per battery charge are you getting?
Thanks
Kevin
 
Thread starter
I'm only getting about an hour per fully charged battery. My biggest limitation was the fact that the only way to charge a battery was in the camera. There are chargers and extra batteries available on amazon that I wanted to grab before my trip but ran out of time.

I posted a new video of Lolo Pass in my day 1 thread.
 
kennyw_imp said:
I'm only getting about an hour per fully charged battery. My biggest limitation was the fact that the only way to charge a battery was in the camera. There are chargers and extra batteries available on amazon that I wanted to grab before my trip but ran out of time.

I posted a new video of Lolo Pass in my day 1 thread.
Thanks for the update I'm thinking about video on my bike.
Kevin
 
This is next on my list. Thanks for the video and info. I assume the camera is mounted on the left side handlebar?
 
Camera does a very nice job. Very clear. Music is a little raucus for me for midnight though.

Enjoyed the Lolo pass vid, brought back some good memories of when my wife and I rode it a few years ago.
 
Thread starter
Currently, I have it mounted on the left clutch reservoir for the best stability. I'd prefer to mount it to my helmet and take the handlebar vibration out but I have not had a chance to do that yet.
 
Kenny Do you know if your camera can be powered through the USB cable?
I have a cigarette lighter socket in my fairing that could power it if it is capable.
Thanks
Kevin
 
Thread starter
husky385_imp said:
Kenny Do you know if your camera can be powered through the USB cable?
I have a cigarette lighter socket in my fairing that could power it if it is capable.
Thanks
Kevin
Yes, but not while in the waterproof housing.
 
Back
Top