Manual

Maturecheese_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Look I know I have posted this before but I haven't got anywhere with it. Is it too much to ask to be able to source a decent service manual for this bike so that we can actually do some of the maintenance ourselves like, and I'm sure the same applies to most of you on here, we used to years ago.

I have chased up a couple of leads but got nowhere. Why the heck Haynes have stopped doing some models of motorcycle is odd and annoying. Obviously i do not want to pay £100 odd for a manual that should cost £20-£30.

Simple jobs like removing the chain to clean it properly come up against snags if you do not have a manual and are not familiar with the motorcycle as there appears to be some kind of pump that needs removing before the front sprocket can be removed.

Like i have said, frustrating and it appears as sign of the times.
 
Join the "CB1100 Owners Group" on Facebook, if you haven't already done so.
Then go to the top to where it says "Files" and there's a service manual there for free to download.

I'm not savvy enough to know how to save the file somewhere where you can view it. But I have a copy and its pretty legit
 
Thread starter
Thank you both for the info. The Helm Inc is currently out of stock but I'll check out the FB one after I've joined that group.
 
Check your email, Maturecheese.
 
Maturecheese..... check your email as well. I couldn't respond to your message as you have that turned off.

Can we somehow put the manual on the forum somewhere so others can download it?
Or.... are people against it cuz people need to get paid for having a manual, pirating things and other stuff?
 
Sparky80, we cannot host the manual on the site as it is copyright material.
 
Sparky80_imp said:
Maturecheese..... check your email as well. I couldn't respond to your message as you have that turned off.

Can we somehow put the manual on the forum somewhere so others can download it?
Or.... are people against it cuz people need to get paid for having a manual, pirating things and other stuff?

I like the sound of this!

(I'm not sure who would be against it nor how copyright law could apply for the use of something out-of-print with no monies involved.)
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Check your email, Maturecheese.
Thank you very much :banana::banana:
Sparky80_imp said:
Maturecheese..... check your email as well. I couldn't respond to your message as you have that turned off.

Can we somehow put the manual on the forum somewhere so others can download it?
Or.... are people against it cuz people need to get paid for having a manual, pirating things and other stuff?

Thank you for trying. I am not aware that i have turned off Private messaging, I looked just now and can't see where I would have done that but I'm not the most tech savvy so who knows.

I haven't received an e mail from you although I did get one from Cormanus for which I'm very grateful. I must say this is a very good forum with helpful contributors. i just hope I can be of use to someone one here one day.
 
Thread starter
How do we unlock private messages? I looked the other day and couldn't see how.

EDIT: Scrub that I have sussed it. Go to edit options and notifications and messages and tick the box.
1973cb750_imp said:
if anyone needs a copy [of the service manual] i have link to a pdf
I'll gladly accept your offer just to see if it is the same as one I have thanks to another posters generosity. My PM's should be working now.
 
1985CB450_imp said:
I like a paper manual for the garage and just picked up a 2013 specific Honda factory copy off eBay for $60
i like to print pages i need and keep my nice manual nice when im in the shop i cant keep a book nice
 
Hello all,

I’M trying to locate a service manual 2013-2017. No luck.
Could I get a link to download.
Thanks in advance!

sleeper/RajunCajun
2017 CB1100 EX
 
Back
Top