Man, what a rack ....

Looks great, Ferret!

I bought the H&B rack mostly for the grab bar. I think Fehling definitely nailed the rack/grab bar combo. Yours looks a lot nicer than mine.
 
That rack looks good enough to leave it on all the time. Because the factory Honda and others are much larger, I'm sure there are others, like me, that only install them for road trips.
 
Thread starter
Jedd .. Yes, invoice says 6144 G HO CB 1100 EX
 
Ferret, Thanks for verifying the part number, and thanks also for showing that this rack fits your DLX. I too like how the grab bar is shaped and how nice it looks on your bike.
 
Thread starter
Ron in MO_imp said:
That rack looks good enough to leave it on all the time. Because the factory Honda and others are much larger, I'm sure there are others, like me, that only install them for road trips.

That was my original intention Ron, to use it just for trips, along with the shorty shield, otherwise run it naked, but you are right its not obtrusive, and it might just stay on all the time.

Would have been nice if Honda had welded the nuts on the back of the frame for those bungie hooks. If they had it, would really be easy to take it on and off, as is it's a bit of a juggling act with bolts, spacers and nuts at the rear. Not real difficult, just harder than it had to be.
 
look good...I love "The ferret" stories.
 
Mickey, I'm glad, you enjoy your new rack. It really looks good at the CB.

It was a pleasure to me, to make this possible and you're more than welcome. :thumbsup:

Now, enjoy your ride to the rally with the new rack. :beerchug:
 
The same Fehling rack is mounted on my CB 1100 non-EX 2013.


When I looked for appropriate and nice looking racks for my CB, I found some of them but most of them looked awful, were too big and so on. But the Fehling really fits nicely and completes the classic look of my CB 1100.

Good buy, Ferret! :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Nemo don't know yet. This weekend I will be (gasp) washing the CB for the second time this year and mounting up all the luggage. Will let you know then. I'm sure it's going to make some difference, just don't know how much at this point.
 
I'm also curious if you'll actually carry something on the shelf part of it. So...

Hurry up, wash the bike and get it ready! :D
 
Thread starter
well at least my rainsuit (easy access) and the forum banner will be back there
 
Back
Top