Made her a little dirty...

Thread starter
Papa Weeley_imp said:
What you need now are some pull-back handlebars. :D

Oh yeah - and gold emblems and some other gold details spread around the bike...

These ARE pull back bars. I guess those pictures didn't make it as apparent as it is in real life. Chip Beck is going to hate them. ;)



ss2wheels_imp said:
I love the seat,is it comfy and which model is it?
The seat is K&H. I haven't ridden on it yet, just arrive today. Although I weigh 185ish, I didn't tell him that..I'd rather the seat be a little softer than firmer to suit the style of bike I am going after. I also opted for the leather grained texture..I prefer it over the plain almost smooth surface everyone else goes for.



Flynrider_imp said:
Nice! That seat would have looked right at home on my Kaw LTD750 :D

The KZ750 LTD is *exactly* what I am thinking of in my vision. Decades ago when I was in the Army, I owned a 1982 LTD 4 cyl, black, and it was one of my favorite bikes.

I still have a few ideas left to do, but for right now I have the Staintune muffler, engine guards, the seat, handlebars, chrome grab bar, chrome chain guard, deleted the factory grab bars and moved the rear blinkers forward, and because of the factory grab deletion the rear blinkers are moved inward as well.



[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_5362_zpskfpfhnvs.jpg.html]
[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_5367_zpswrwkpwko.jpg.html]
[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_5369_zpsvceaj8gj.jpg.html]
 
If 750 ltd is the look you were going for I'd say you nailed it. NIce work!
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
What you need now are some pull-back handlebars. :D

Oh yeah - and gold emblems and some other gold details spread around the bike...

These ARE pull back bars. I guess those pictures didn't make it as apparent as it is in real life. Chip Beck is going to hate them. ;)



ss2wheels_imp said:
I love the seat,is it comfy and which model is it?
The seat is K&H. I haven't ridden on it yet, just arrive today. Although I weigh 185ish, I didn't tell him that..I'd rather the seat be a little softer than firmer to suit the style of bike I am going after. I also opted for the leather grained texture..I prefer it over the plain almost smooth surface everyone else goes for.



Flynrider_imp said:
Nice! That seat would have looked right at home on my Kaw LTD750 :D

The KZ750 LTD is *exactly* what I am thinking of in my vision. Decades ago when I was in the Army, I owned a 1982 LTD 4 cyl, black, and it was one of my favorite bikes.

I still have a few ideas left to do, but for right now I have the Staintune muffler, engine guards, the seat, handlebars, chrome grab bar, chrome chain guard, deleted the factory grab bars and moved the rear blinkers forward, and because of the factory grab deletion the rear blinkers are moved inward as well.



[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_5362_zpskfpfhnvs.jpg.html]
[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_5367_zpswrwkpwko.jpg.html]
[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_5369_zpsvceaj8gj.jpg.html]


These ARE pull back bars. I guess those pictures didn't make it as apparent as it is in real life. Chip Beck is going to hate them. ;)



ss2wheels_imp said:
The seat is K&H. I haven't ridden on it yet, just arrive today. Although I weigh 185ish, I didn't tell him that..I'd rather the seat be a little softer than firmer to suit the style of bike I am going after. I also opted for the leather grained texture..I prefer it over the plain almost smooth surface everyone else goes for.



Flynrider_imp said:
Nice! That seat would have looked right at home on my Kaw LTD750 :D

The KZ750 LTD is *exactly* what I am thinking of in my vision. Decades ago when I was in the Army, I owned a 1982 LTD 4 cyl, black, and it was one of my favorite bikes.

I still have a few ideas left to do, but for right now I have the Staintune muffler, engine guards, the seat, handlebars, chrome grab bar, chrome chain guard, deleted the factory grab bars and moved the rear blinkers forward, and because of the factory grab deletion the rear blinkers are moved inward as well.


[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_5360_zpszdjv2mxc.jpg.html]
[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_5362_zpskfpfhnvs.jpg.html]
[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_5367_zpswrwkpwko.jpg.html]
[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_5369_zpsvceaj8gj.jpg.html]
I like the chrome chain guard!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
If 750 ltd is the look you were going for I'd say you nailed it. NIce work!
Thanks. Not bad so far. Have a few more ideas, but am happy so far. Will be interesting to see how it rides with the new bars and seat.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Yea- amazing how many different options Kaw had for basically the same bike that year. 2 cyl, 4 cyl, chain drive, belt drive, shaft drive, several trim packages- from cruiser to sport.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
"Wanted- 2013 FRONT turn signals / blinkers AND 2013 handlebar switches / controls. Let me know if you have some collecting dust after changing them. Thanks."

Hey Josh,
If you are still looking for the 2013 turn signals, you might want to check this offer on ebay
Good luck!
 
Thread starter
Saw those, thanks for the heads up though. I just haven't updated my signature yet.

I went ahead and ordered new '13 front and rear blinkers as well as '13 both side handlebar control switches.

Once they arrive, I'll install them along with the heated grip kit I ordered from Takashi, a power commander and another kit I bought that makes the rear blinkers into additional taillights and brake lights.

SOOO... yea, I am going to have LOTS of wires everywhere! Fun fun.
 
Back
Top