Luggage Rack

Short Timer_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Installed the Mr. T's rack today. For anyone contemplating it for their 2014 Dlx, it is very high quality, very solid, and installs without any problems. The instructions are in Japanese but the drawings and diagrams are sufficient and easy to follow.
 
Uhhh pictures? :dodgy:
 
Thread starter
19b924bcdb469e5e75d6e28248674687.jpg


Well, cheese whiz. They look perfectly correct in photobucket but they end up here upside down?

Even when I try to re-orient them in PB they still end up this way.

Before I post a few more can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm using all the right words :angel:
 
Short Timer_imp said:
19b924bcdb469e5e75d6e28248674687.jpg


Well, cheese whiz. They look perfectly correct in photobucket but they end up here upside down?

Even when I try to re-orient them in PB they still end up this way.

Before I post a few more can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm using all the right words :angel:
That is the same rack that came with my top box. It is designed to fit the STD and the DLX/EX.
 
God knows why photos suddenly appear upside down. It's happened to me. They appear upside down on the computer and then the right way up on the tablet.
 
Thread starter
What the heck? Now it's right side up. I gotta slow down on the meds...:dodgy:

Ok, I'll post a few more tomorrow. Try to take a few better shots. Randy is correct, same rack for the standard and dlx, but some of the spacers supplied are not used on the dlx.
 
Last weekend, I installed the rack I bought from Mr T on my 14DLX... wil take some pictures of it and a few other farkles over the weekend too. I don't know about the previous poster, but I thought the rack was a b...h to install. It's a very high quality Honda product but it took a fair amount of straining, leverage, and cussing to get that last bolt through. :@
 
I took all of the bolts out and then realized that "that aint gonna work", so I slid the rear ones back in without the nuts and installed the front ones first and then moved on to the rear bolts. No muss, no fuss. After I figured out my mistake I think I was done with the rack part of my install in 15-20 minutes. Then it was on to the top box and taking everything upstairs to work on the lock cylinder.
 
The dlx is a liittle more involved so I can't tell you that it would go that smoothly for you had you done it that way.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
God knows why photos suddenly appear upside down. It's happened to me. They appear upside down on the computer and then the right way up on the tablet.
Maybe the server is in the other hemisphere (sometimes).

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
God knows why photos suddenly appear upside down. It's happened to me. They appear upside down on the computer and then the right way up on the tablet.
Maybe the server is in the other hemisphere (sometimes).

Cheers
Maybe the server is in the other hemisphere (sometimes).

Cheers
Well, that's the best explanation so far! :D
 
that looks nice......

I saw on one of the posts here somebody used the Honda shadow luggage rack and back rest on ebay for less than $60.... Thats what I went with on mine.... just needed to drill another hole and shim a little bit to fit....... It worked too
 
rustyski_imp said:
that looks nice......

I saw on one of the posts here somebody used the Honda shadow luggage rack and back rest on ebay for less than $60.... Thats what I went with on mine.... just needed to drill another hole and shim a little bit to fit....... It worked too
I'm the guy that put the shadow rack on. How did your turn out? Any pics? Glad it worked for you also. Mine works great. Just planning on getting the side plates re chromed this off season.
 
Swartzracer_imp said:
rustyski_imp said:
that looks nice......

I saw on one of the posts here somebody used the Honda shadow luggage rack and back rest on ebay for less than $60.... Thats what I went with on mine.... just needed to drill another hole and shim a little bit to fit....... It worked too
I'm the guy that put the shadow rack on. How did your turn out? Any pics? Glad it worked for you also. Mine works great. Just planning on getting the side plates re chromed this off season.
I'm the guy that put the shadow rack on. How did your turn out? Any pics? Glad it worked for you also. Mine works great. Just planning on getting the side plates re chromed this off season.
And Thanks for posting that idea SWARTZracer......... It works for me..... i strap my Motocentric tail bag (lunch bag, gloves, snacks, hoody, etc in it) I kept the sissy bar on the side for now and will put it on when I decide to take this on a longer ride......... maybe strap a gal gas?

thanks
 
Back
Top