Lower Footpegs ?

rocket_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Although both my knees have been replaced with Titanium & Polyethylene (true), they still ache a little while riding. Any suggestions on who makes a good set of lower footpegs for the CB1100 ? Thanks, Rocket
 
Do a search as a couple people have votten creative with different ideas on how to do it.
 
My first set was the 30 mm ones but I changed them and all the others I bought after them to the 23 mm ones.
It all depends on YOU !
 
I have lower footpegs.

http://www.knightdesignllc.com/Products/Motorcycle/Honda/CB/Honda_CB1100_Foot_Pegs.html

I love the height, the only issue is that my footbrake is too high. I've tried adjusting to no avail... I still need it another inch lower. The shifter adjusted plenty, it was easy to get perfect..

If I can figure out the brake pedal... maybe modify it slightly or figure out what I am doing wrong with the adjustment, I will be totally happy. The footpegs are good quality, still flip up, and without the bolts on the bottom like the factory pegs the clearance is about the same as factory height pegs.
I emailed these guys: http://www.whaccessories.com/Foot-Peg-Lowering-Kit-Honda.htm

to see what they offer in the way of extensions for the brake pedal side. That would likely solve my problem entirely.

With the lower pegs and an airhawk my CB is comfortable for my 6'4" frame even on long highway trips.
 
I have the same issue with the knight design…the brake pedal is to high. The pedal has reached its adjustable limit as the push rod is bottomed out against the brake pedal/lever. I'm considering buying another push rod, cutting it shorter and using a thinner jam nut on the linkage. It may give me just enough travel to get the brake where I want it.
 
Kuryakyn highway pegs are a good way to add some pegs for stretching. I'm disabled with lots of body pain and have made my bike comfortable. Just fabricate a small plate with three holes in it and use the case saver attachment bolts.
 
VTR1000F_imp said:
What about using higher seat?
That's the best solution, get a higher seat. By the time one buys another brake lever, cuts, weld and gets it right along with the lower peg system, a higher seat is within buying costs. .02
 
rocket_imp said:
Although both my knees have been replaced with Titanium & Polyethylene (true), they still ache a little while riding. Any suggestions on who makes a good set of lower footpegs for the CB1100 ? Thanks, Rocket
I made my own set of brackets and then attached a good set of Kuryakyn Large ISO-Pegs to them. I custom made a bracket for the pegs to attach to and then attached that to the bike using the case saver mountings. All you have to do is cut a rectangle out of strong metal and then drill three holes in each. One for the highway bar bolt and two for the frame bolts going back in place. I have pics on here under new members and the username is drswan92028. I've added a windshield, saddlebags, fork bag, colored LED light strips and mirrors already. I had to have room to stretch my legs from injuries also. I can send you a good picture if you want, it's really easy.


Dave
 
gossman_imp said:
VTR1000F_imp said:
What about using higher seat?
That's the best solution, get a higher seat. By the time one buys another brake lever, cuts, weld and gets it right along with the lower peg system, a higher seat is within buying costs. .02
That's the best solution, get a higher seat. By the time one buys another brake lever, cuts, weld and gets it right along with the lower peg system, a higher seat is within buying costs. .02
Absolutely! I'm about 6'. I got the higher Tiro seat, and my position now is just about perfect, AND the seat is much more comfortable than the stocker, too. Win-win. :thumbsup:
 
I also bought the Knight pegs. They are well made, but a project to install.
I shortened the brake rod, and stacked a washer between the set nut and the lever bracket. After a ton of messing around, the brake pedal is perfect. I also had to grind off the kickstand foot loop, as it interferes with the peg.

After those mods, I'm very pleased with the result, and the extra legroom.

jchoby_imp said:
I have the same issue with the knight design…the brake pedal is to high. The pedal has reached its adjustable limit as the push rod is bottomed out against the brake pedal/lever. I'm considering buying another push rod, cutting it shorter and using a thinner jam nut on the linkage. It may give me just enough travel to get the brake where I want it.
 
Mark von Karlsbad_imp said:
I also bought the Knight pegs. They are well made, but a project to install.
I shortened the brake rod, and stacked a washer between the set nut and the lever bracket. After a ton of messing around, the brake pedal is perfect. I also had to grind off the kickstand foot loop, as it interferes with the peg.

After those mods, I'm very pleased with the result, and the extra legroom.

jchoby_imp said:
I have the same issue with the knight design…the brake pedal is to high. The pedal has reached its adjustable limit as the push rod is bottomed out against the brake pedal/lever. I'm considering buying another push rod, cutting it shorter and using a thinner jam nut on the linkage. It may give me just enough travel to get the brake where I want it.
Good thinking. Post up if you get this done with any success, I really think we just need a hair more drop in that brake pedal for it to be perfect.

I'm doing something before spring, since I'll have the bike apart installing some other parts.
 
My only thing is under a nice turn, my feet drag the ground. With the lower pegs, wont that make it worse? A higher seat would be more beneficial for me, no? (6"5" tall)
 
I think a higher seat is the best option, although it is also the most expensive.

Ideally a higher seat, lower bars, and stock pegs should be best for those of us with really long legs and arms. That's what I initially wanted to do, but the well ran dry and I opted for the $100 pegs rather than a $400 seat and $100 bars.

I also have had my feet drag the ground on occasion, but I've just started keeping my toes straight forward in the corners to fix that.

For now it will have to work. At least unless I finally just get a higher seat and fix the issue the right way.
 
Back
Top