Lower Cover instrument panel

linuxology_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
All:

Cracked the lower cover instrument panel due to a drop. i need to take it off and was wondering if anyone had the steps to do so? yeah i know my posts are always something negative, but they are self induced and nothing to do with the bike but my own mishaps. so many positives about this bike and I am probably not worthy of it due to my posts, but i am human after all. any help is appreciated.
 
I hope it wasn't a serious drop and that you're OK linuxology.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
I hope it wasn't a serious drop and that you're OK linuxology.
nothing serious. put the center stand down and did not realize i was on the edge of pavement and soft earth. o'er she went. dent on muffler and cracked housing
 
If you are talking about the plastic housing around the gauges, I had to replace mine, due to me rear ending a car at 10mph. I bought the housing from Babbits parts. The housing comes off pretty easy and you just unscrew everything and swap the gauges into the new housing. I think it cost about $150 or so. It wasn't very difficult.
 
Thread starter
Ok for anyone wanting to know. On the 2013 CB1100 you remove 4 screws on the back of the plastic housing and then you have to drop the headlight to remove the plastic housing. I had a broken plastic standoff underneath that I was able to JBWeld back into place. For the crack I JB Weld the crack on the inside and superglued the crack on the outside. The crack is only 1 3-4 inches long. I feel this solution. will keep any excess moisture out and should be good to go. The lower cover housing is $84. I may eventually replace it, but want to see how this looks.
 
Glad you got it fixed.
 
Back
Top