MrGood_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Seem comfy looking, reliable, upright riding position, etc. What are some things to look out for on them, known issues, strengths or weaknesses? thanks.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Have a 2002 since new and agree with your good points. Really loved the look and that is main reason I bought. Honda aspect certainly a factor and I have had no regrets. Seems like biggest knock on bike was performance vs. cost at time (much like CB1100). Engine biased toward torque not horsepower and all feels good to me. Only knock I had was wind blast on long interstate runs. You really hang on from 60 mph up!MrGood_imp said:Seem comfy looking, reliable, upright riding position, etc. What are some things to look out for on them, known issues, strengths or weaknesses? thanks.
American Honda did offer the fly screen here in the USA, I know because I bought one and pit it on my `92 750 NightHawk.Teamwalker_imp said:Have a 2002 since new and agree with your good points. Really loved the look and that is main reason I bought. Honda aspect certainly a factor and I have had no regrets. Seems like biggest knock on bike was performance vs. cost at time (much like CB1100). Engine biased toward torque not horsepower and all feels good to me. Only knock I had was wind blast on long interstate runs. You really hang on from 60 mph up!MrGood_imp said:Seem comfy looking, reliable, upright riding position, etc. What are some things to look out for on them, known issues, strengths or weaknesses? thanks.
Bought small Honda fly screen available from British Honda. Disappointed that American Honda did not seem to support aftermarket like Brits do.
MrGood_imp said:Yeah I can see that. good point indeed. Ever compare it the FZ1 which it was matched against? The FZ1 seems much more a sport bike and less comfy for sure by looking at it.


The answer is probably no. They are too similar in too many ways. If you want a sharp contrast look to another model.Brookland27_imp said:I'd be curious how it compares to the cb1100. In other words is it different enough to own both? I want another bike but I think a v twin triple or v4 sport bike might be a starker contrast

I can recommend the Moto Guzzi Griso, or if it's a wee bit too big, the V7ll. The Griso being the hooligan bike (think of it as a roadster/cruising sport bike).Brookland27_imp said:I'd be curious how it compares to the cb1100. In other words is it different enough to own both? I want another bike but I think a v twin triple or v4 sport bike might be a starker contrast