Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yes, very simple. I was happy with the results, being cheap and easy usually doesn't get you much.Chapomis_imp said:Plug & Play installation ?
:rofl: Well said.Siggy Javotnik_imp said:So glad this worked for you! As far as removing the actual O2 sensor, I'll probably never do it. You either have to pull the headers or buy a special wrench (from Koken, $35, see here: http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1779 )
Plus, it seems like the way to maintain value of a bike is keep it as stock as possible -- with this mod, it takes 5 minutes to pull the O2 eliminator from under the side cover and re-attach the stock O2 cable.
On the other hand, I get that people love the feeling of removing stuff from their bike. Some people like to add farkles, some of us like to strip things we find unnecessary. I get it, and I'm more like the latter. Sometimes, I feel like I've bought a used bike in part to rescue it from it's horrible modifications. Peter Egan wrote about buying a bike, then riding it around the corner to carefully remove the iron cross decals that were all over the thing. That's when a want ad becomes a ransom note. :dodgy:
So, does that mean the sensors permanently fouled or just initially when warming up, enough to cause poor readings.Lord Popgun_imp said:If you google o2 sensor operation the theory explanations address just that. One said the reason they went to heated sensors was that the ones heated by the exhaust tooki a while to warm up and would foul up and other not good things (can't remember it all).
Well, I don't either! The little bit of current that it would receive while connected would not seem to be enough to burn off any serious fouling. I would then expect that as the exhaust heats up, it would remove any fouling that might have accumulated while the bike was warming up.redbirds_imp said:Whether connected or not would seem to me of little difference. I intend to leave it in place. I cannot understand how having it disconnected would cause the sensor to fail.
The DLX has TWO P/N: 36531-MGC-N21 (O2 Lambda Sensors) worth approximately $150 U.S.D. each.Chapomis_imp said:??? does the DLX have one or two ? (to late in the evening for me to look) I am going to assume one.
The DLX has TWO P/N: 36531-MGC-N21 (O2 Lambda Sensors) worth approximately $150 U.S.D. each.Gumby 1100_imp said:The DLX has TWO P/N: 36531-MGC-N21 (O2 Lambda Sensors) worth approximately $150 U.S.D. each.Chapomis_imp said:??? does the DLX have one or two ? (to late in the evening for me to look) I am going to assume one.
I was just looking at the single sensor on my 2014 Canadian model and there is no way to get it out without removing the header and very little chance of removing it without the special cut-away socket tool. I may just hang on to my Bypass Plug until my sensor craps out on its own, and then use it.
The DLX has TWO P/N: 36531-MGC-N21 (O2 Lambda Sensors) worth approximately $150 U.S.D. each.lash_imp said:The DLX has TWO P/N: 36531-MGC-N21 (O2 Lambda Sensors) worth approximately $150 U.S.D. each.Gumby 1100_imp said:The DLX has TWO P/N: 36531-MGC-N21 (O2 Lambda Sensors) worth approximately $150 U.S.D. each.Chapomis_imp said:??? does the DLX have one or two ? (to late in the evening for me to look) I am going to assume one.
I was just looking at the single sensor on my 2014 Canadian model and there is no way to get it out without removing the header and very little chance of removing it without the special cut-away socket tool. I may just hang on to my Bypass Plug until my sensor craps out on its own, and then use it.
I was just looking at the single sensor on my 2014 Canadian model and there is no way to get it out without removing the header and very little chance of removing it without the special cut-away socket tool. I may just hang on to my Bypass Plug until my sensor craps out on its own, and then use it. Save your money on the socket tool and just cut a slot in an old 17mm wrench. Works perfect.