Loving our bike(s) vs. internet trolls

That's a great looking picture of the pipes and from this perspective, the bike looks much longer and bigger than it actually is.
 
popgun, when I registered the domain for this forum I don't believe that the UK-based CB1100 forum yet existed. It just took me a while to figure out how to get everything put together and then get it up and running. I seem to recall reading a post over on the advrider thread where someone figured that the domain cb1100forum.com had been registered. I was hesitant to speak up about it as I wasn't sure that I could get everything to work, lol.

Cormanus, THAT is the exhaust that I wish Honda had released on the production version of the bike. The lines of those headers, much like those on the CB400F, make for a stunning impact.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Guth, ahhhh, makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
 
I agree, Guth. That is a much, much more beautiful exhaust than we were given by Honda.
 
But ours meets EPA (and CARB) standards, where that would not.
 
I think it's because our's was easier to manufacture. Ours is nice, but the prototype looks much nicer. :D
 
Randy B
Can you tell me what the hardcase is and the mount for it? I'm guessing that is a Honda oem rack..I need something like that for mine..
 
Lash, thats a Honda OEM rack and Topcase. You can order the Honda Topcase from Samurider. Or Webike too most likely. It isn't cheap.
 
Lash, I would agree with that! :D. However, Givi is cheaper and Shad cheaper that Givi, which isn't really cheap. Other members have other topcases, but I can't remember the brands. There are options :)
 
Yeah it's a HONDA oem accessory and I got them from Samurider as a package deal. The case has the Honda one key system that you have to set up, but it'snot that difficult. It allows you to use your key from the bike to lock the case. I like it a lot.
 
And for any new members, we have a how to with translated instructions for keying the one-key cylinders in the How-To section. It is not hard.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
No, I don't popgun. I remember it happening to me once and taking ages to fix it, but I don't remember now how I did it.

I've downloaded it and re-uploaded it and it remains upside down. I'll have a play and see if I can find a way to flip it for our dad.



Imagine spinning disk while computer works away ...



Bingo!

I loaded it into a very simple photo editing program, flipped it and re-saved it. Unfortunately I can't use my moderator superpowers to substitute it for regularworkingdad, although he may have decided he likes the view from there.

RWD, if you want to change it, try downloading the image I've rotated and re-uploading it as your avatar.
Thank you Cormanus! I will try!
 
It looks good now RWD. In the gas leak thread, your last reply to me it is blank though. OK, its good now. Guess it takes awhile to propagate aroung the forum.

Cormanus, Darth Vader called and said your powers are weak old man...
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Lash, I would agree with that! :D. However, Givi is cheaper and Shad cheaper that Givi, which isn't really cheap. Other members have other topcases, but I can't remember the brands. There are options :)
Kappa is another line that is available. I believe it is made by Givi; I have a Kappa trunk K35 Motorcycle cases - Kappa Moto
Kappa also makes a luggage rack for our bike as does Shad. I have the Shad rack which is in black, no chrome available from Shad
 
Aschem, do you know if any of the brands will fit on other brands mounting base? To me most of these top cases all look pretty much the same, but I don't know about the mounting.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
It looks good now RWD. In the gas leak thread, your last reply to me it is blank though. OK, its good now. Guess it takes awhile to propagate aroung the forum.

Cormanus, Darth Vader called and said your powers are weak old man...
Popgun, give Darth my love, and tell him I'm ready when he is. However, this conversation belongs not in this thread methinks. but I can't remember where it does go.

Edit: BIG DISSAPOINTMENT FOR THE CB 1100 FUTURE maybe?
 
Back
Top