LOVE TWO-STROKES

The 70s 2-strokes are not bad to have as a second bike just to have fun on. The RD400 is a good all around bike, less peaky and with more torque than the 350. The Suzuki T500 is an excellent middle weight, physically big enough for adult sized people. Not as performance oriented at the RDs but a nice bike all around. Much simpler than the 380 and 550 triples.
Personally I like the GT750 as a hobby bike. Big enough to go anywhere two-up and sounds oh so cool.

Mark
 
Beautiful example of the GT 750. I had one just like that. Also had a blue one. great motorcycles except for the chains. Modern chains would make them fantastic.
 
m in sc_imp said:
'sup mark. Nice to see you here.
Hey Mark, let me know when you want off that HS1, it was my first “real”? motorcycle. I’m putting in for time off for the 2019 Deals Gap meet.
I’m in this forum because i’m seriously considering a new CB1100 EX. When they came out in 2014 I didn’t like the wheels and exhaust, both of which are changed with the 2017. I should probably make some garage space for one. I want to move off a couple of mine first though. Anyone want a 1972 TD3?

Mark
The ferret_imp said:
Beautiful example of the GT 750. I had one just like that. Also had a blue one. great motorcycles except for the chains. Modern chains would make them fantastic.
Thanks!
Modern suspension updates, wider rims and tires help a lot too!
 
Must admit, I missed the 2 stroke thing first time round, always had 4's. Only side track was an X7 about 20 years ago and must admit it was an hoot :banana:.
Back when I was racing late 80's / early 90's, the production 250 class WAS the class and we regularly got grids of 30+.
I'm moving back to UK in February and going to be looking for a classic / vintage bike and an early Japanese 2 stroke is on the short list.
I'm in process of rebuilding a '72 Yamaha LT3, predecessor to the DT which will be going back home as well.
 
hondadownunder_imp said:
Must admit, I missed the 2 stroke thing first time round, always had 4's. Only side track was an X7 about 20 years ago and must admit it was an hoot :banana:.
Back when I was racing late 80's / early 90's, the production 250 class WAS the class and we regularly got grids of 30+.
I'm moving back to UK in February and going to be looking for a classic / vintage bike and an early Japanese 2 stroke is on the short list.
I'm in process of rebuilding a '72 Yamaha LT3, predecessor to the DT which will be going back home as well.
I was born into two-smoke, but no longer miss 'em - in terms of owning anyway. Heck, I can barely stand the whine of neighbouring two-smoke lawn are equipment. Their time has come to pass.

Four-stroke sounds more grounding.
 
m in sc_imp said:
dont worry, im still riding them pretty much every day.. hasn't gotten old to me yet. ;)


last weeks commuter to work for a few days:




last nights rainy night project (chaingaurd):




i'm def done with triple ownership though, and ive owned everything from S2's up to H2's, in multiples.. truth is...the yamahas are just better bikes, and the suzukis are a good second as (not as exciting) riders. Pretty bullet proof though. My t500 is an excellent all around bike.
Love lookin' at the tiny engine cradled in that classic look.
 
Just don’t start it, eh, GO?
 
Thread starter
7973117801f4de9a232c4c86cc5e99a9.jpg

Honda NSR500cc engine
 
Back
Top