Lots of compliments!

Buffalorider_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Our American Legion Riders Post held a Run & Pig Roast today and hosted another chapter and The Leather Neck Nation M/C (a GREAT bunch of folks!) and the CB was alone in a sea of V-Twins.
I had circles of guy around the CB at different stops complimenting my on the outstanding restoration and asking what year she was.:D

At one point I actually had to point a guy to the manufacturer's build label and show him the registration!:s

Everyone was impressed with the design and liked the old school look. All were surprised at the existence of a general purpose bike in today's market.
 
Buffalorider,

Great post! I think most of us have had similiar experiences.

I wonder how many people think bikes exist in 2 flavors: sportsbike and cruiser? Like you related, folks come up to me all the time and are amazed that the 2013 retro CB model exists. What if they'd run across it before they traded in for another H/D or Star?

Judging by folks reaction, there may yet be some untapped growth potential for the CB1100.
 
Buffalorider, I have had much the same experience: Harley riders have been unanimous in their appreciation of the CB1100, some knew about the bike and others thought it was a restoration as you describe. I like the fact that the CB1100 provides a connection between Harley / non-Harley riders, as I plan to buy my first HD soon: when the HD owners approach me and start a conversation about my CB1100, it gives me a chance to reciprocate and learn about their HD bikes as well.
 
It's great isn't it? I'm one of those HD Owners who loves my Road King Classic, but when I found the CB1100, had to have it as my second bike! The best of both worlds, two great riding experiences and a throw back to my time riding in the 70's. Got to love it!
 
cb400four_imp said:
Buffalorider, I have had much the same experience: Harley riders have been unanimous in their appreciation of the CB1100, some knew about the bike and others thought it was a restoration as you describe. I like the fact that the CB1100 provides a connection between Harley / non-Harley riders, as I plan to buy my first HD soon: when the HD owners approach me and start a conversation about my CB1100, it gives me a chance to reciprocate and learn about their HD bikes as well.
He He He He..:D
 
Thread starter
wildezt_imp said:
cb400four_imp said:
Buffalorider, I have had much the same experience: Harley riders have been unanimous in their appreciation of the CB1100, some knew about the bike and others thought it was a restoration as you describe. I like the fact that the CB1100 provides a connection between Harley / non-Harley riders, as I plan to buy my first HD soon: when the HD owners approach me and start a conversation about my CB1100, it gives me a chance to reciprocate and learn about their HD bikes as well.
He He He He..:D
He He He He..:D
I've already told my family that when I'm gone don't even think about selling my Colt collection for what I said I bought them for.:rolleyes:

I've owned four H-Ds over the years. From my 1st bike, a '53 KH flathead, to a brand new 1976 Liberty Edition Bicentennial Super Glide that lasted seven moths and 348 mi (H-D service had it six and a half of the seven months) before I traded it for a Gold Wing.
I'll buy another Road Star for my next big twin.
 
I get a lot of "Is that new?" when I stop for gas or whatever. That's how I feel about Harleys, I can't tell a new one from one that's 10 years old.
 
Great conversation! I'm with Buffalo Bill on this... I started out riding Yamaha's and Kawasaki's years ago...holding my nose whenever a Harley was around. But as I approached my 'middle aged' years, Harley was the only way to go and I've ridden and owned them for the last 12 years. But, when the CB1100 came out, I wanted one because I had always been disappointed that I never had owned a 4 Cylinder Air Cooled bike, like the orig. CB750. I enjoy all my bikes but the CB's ride, looks, and 'that Ferrari sound'... Wow! It is a great conversation starter everywhere I ride. The HD and the KLR just seem to blend in... not this CB. And interestingly enough... The Harley guys at the dealership like to talk about it, and when I'm out and about, it seems that the younger guys are interested too. I think Honda may have a huge winner here...
 
In the German city where I live is a really big dealer. Amongst cars of different expensive brands they have a big motorcycle division selling Harley Davidson and BMW. Every year this dealer organizes a one-day bike tour in the nearby mountains, with hundreds of participants, most of them of course HD and BMW (but open for all brands).
This year I joined with my new CB. Then, in the lunch break, the boss of the motorcylce devision approached me and complimented me on my outstanding bike. Between all the HDs and BMWs. Nice guy :)
 
I've had someone stop and talk about the bike at just about every gas fill-up. I've had people in cars come clear across massive parking lots with their heads hanging out the window, stop and get out to talk about my bike. The consensus seems to be the same, they love the retro style and dislike the cartoony bikes Honda has been selling.

I rode my CB750 for years and never got this much attention with it. Folks seem to like it when they see it.

XeNoS
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
New Honda ad slogan. CB1100.....it's a Geezer Magnet!!!!!
New Honda ad slogan. CB1100.....it's a Geezer Magnet!!!!!
I was at last year's NYC motorcycle show and Honda had a CB1100 on the floor and there was quite a crowd of grey beards circling the bike and mumbling approvingly.

This being NYC, a 20 yr old something biker with an almost empty beer cup -- one in each hand, mind you -- stumbled onto our group and managed to blurt out through his Budweiser fog:

"why do you guys like this bike do much? Does it run on Geritol or something?"

I had to laugh, it was a good line.
 
I'm getting the same response. Is that NEW? I love the look on all my old buddies faces when they see it. Only 500 miles so far, great fun. I'm an old guy at home on the higher tech retro bike, Tech-ro, as I call her.
 
Back
Top