Offroad
Road warrior
Although, I have become used to salads, since I've eaten one almost everyday for the last 2 years ;-(
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Stichill_imp said::rofl:The ferret_imp said:definitely NOT a seafood guy (or vegetables lol), but I'd jump on those ribs like an angry pit bull
"Vegetables? No. They take up room in my stomach where meat is supposed to be."
Definitely.misterprofessionality_imp said:SCCBrider and I did a short RTE today, about 100 miles round trip to Edisto Island to enjoy some food at the Sea Cow Eatery. I even had the wife on Pillion. It's nice when CBs get together.
I did not take pictures of the food, so i swiped some off of yelp to give an example of the food that was had on this RTE.
Stichill_imp said::rofl:The ferret_imp said:definitely NOT a seafood guy (or vegetables lol), but I'd jump on those ribs like an angry pit bull
"Vegetables? No. They take up room in my stomach where meat is supposed to be."
A good friends view on the very healthy, tasty and colourful food that salad is ... "that's not food, that's what food eats!" :huh:offroadfx4_imp said:Although, I have become used to salads, since I've eaten one almost everyday for the last 2 years ;-(
![]()

In my misspent youth I trespassed on many railroad properties and rights-of-way. One of them was this viaduct:Cormanus_imp said:Great report Stichill. I really like railway structures too, particularly that they don’t seem to need guard rails of any description. Not that it would be easy to make one strong enough to stop a falling train.
I can’t imagine it. You’re a braver man than me.Stichill_imp said:Thanks, suhawk!
In my misspent youth I trespassed on many railroad properties and rights-of-way. One of them was this viaduct:Cormanus_imp said:Great report Stichill. I really like railway structures too, particularly that they don’t seem to need guard rails of any description. Not that it would be easy to make one strong enough to stop a falling train.
![]()
It was a busy double-tracked mainline heading north-south on the eastern seaboard of the US. The only refuge for a human on foot was found at every third arch support, where a shallow rectangular bump-out was located that had five-foot / 152 cm walls around it. There were many occasions where I literally ran for my life to one of them. One was never more than one-and-a-half arches away from safety, but in some instances the closest refuge meant that you had to run toward the oncoming train.
The default option in the event that making it to a bump-out wasn't possible was to leap onto the other track. Which wasn't a bad option, provided there wasn't another train on it or approaching. Thankfully, I never had to jump onto the other track and always made it safely to a bump-out. The welded rails would quietly "sing" a few moments before the train appeared, so there was plenty of notice if you were vigilant. I have to say: even motorcycling cannot compare to the rush of running away from an oncoming freight train and then standing three feet / 1 m away from the thundering locomotive and rushing cars as they roared past.
In the old days of wooden trestles these small platforms held water barrels in case the sparks from a steam engine ignited the creosote on the ties. No need for them on this concrete structure, so they must be preplanned for mischievous kids.Stichill_imp said:Thanks, suhawk!
In my misspent youth I trespassed on many railroad properties and rights-of-way. One of them was this viaduct:Cormanus_imp said:Great report Stichill. I really like railway structures too, particularly that they don’t seem to need guard rails of any description. Not that it would be easy to make one strong enough to stop a falling train.
![]()
It was a busy double-tracked mainline heading north-south on the eastern seaboard of the US. The only refuge for a human on foot was found at every third arch support, where a shallow rectangular bump-out was located that had five-foot / 152 cm walls around it. There were many occasions where I literally ran for my life to one of them. One was never more than one-and-a-half arches away from safety, but in some instances the closest refuge meant that you had to run toward the oncoming train.
The default option in the event that making it to a bump-out wasn't possible was to leap onto the other track. Which wasn't a bad option, provided there wasn't another train on it or approaching. Thankfully, I never had to jump onto the other track and always made it safely to a bump-out. The welded rails would quietly "sing" a few moments before the train appeared, so there was plenty of notice if you were vigilant. I have to say: even motorcycling cannot compare to the rush of running away from an oncoming freight train and then standing three feet / 1 m away from the thundering locomotive and rushing cars as they roared past.