Live to Ride...Ride to Eat

Thread starter
Headed over to Ripley today, ferret! What a perfect day for riding. This September weather in August is incredible. :biker:

Fresh pavement on Kentucky 22 between Falmouth and Willow.
6cd37240cb519491578963f5e7578710.jpg


6b701bb32b2190cd681acef322881555.jpg


8ca2844dc96ffbc6cfc173a84d046785.jpg


847973649c9710baa385bf3daee09d2d.jpg


744ff8700660a87fa6733e163ec9376e.jpg


The big 1/2 lb. double cheeseburger is called the Fats Domino. I went for the 1/4 lb. Bogart Burger. Miracle Whip? Lol. It was still a decent burger. :thumbsup:
667cbed3783276726617d6de1f78c341.jpg


Single dip Butter Pecan.
57b4acdf38dac40eb75f4b250b1c9ce9.jpg


8ac26f5e59544acf78b806eacec2b68e.jpg


452c5137f358460aa9529c23546b91a9.jpg


Back to old Kentucky and burley tobacco.
3efa346605b38e0dcf42dff7e18f7926.jpg


9649be58ebe359fd6d452d825e2ac40c.jpg


70cc33d15f56fcff12c7101392bd1fce.jpg
 
Lol very cool. Had I only known. Son and I rode 100 miles today. Would have been about the same going back to Ripley. Bogart Burger is what I usually get. That or a club sandwich ( Elvis club?) with crinkle cut fries.
 
This is really a good thread! I wish I could plot a cross country tour based on breakfast, lunch and dinner at small restaurants like these!
 
Sounds (and looks) like a great day Stichill.
 
Thread starter
Lunch ride with three friends today.

Hamburger on pretzel roll with beer cheese and battered & fried jalapeño peppers & onions. Cajun fried potatoes. Absolutely delicious.

0b5a57d098b25924faa374bcbd56fa61.jpg
 
Thread starter
I usually avoid "yellow zones" on the map that are fraught with traffic and un-fun riding. However last summer a friend revealed a secret, relatively untraveled route - through hidden green spaces inside the asphalt jungle - that can be taken from our office in order to reach a Greek lunch counter.

Today I made the journey and ordered up the combo of gyro, fries, and a soft drink. Absolutely delicious.

e93fe723afafa9e01e95590054513c04.jpg


8d4b8151cd25ecf2448789689ccab7c4.jpg
 
This is great! Someone should write a guide touring American connecting unique small restaurants linked by back roads all about 4 - 3 hours apart!

I would enjoy touring America this way, riding back roads, looking forward to a unique dining experience at every stop.

I would even pay for such a guide!

Pictures like Stichill and Ferret take would be a must ;-)
 
Offroad, commission Stichill and EmptySea. They could take the Ferret with them, which would result in a wide variety of eating experiences!
 
I ate at the Historic Beallsville Diner today on RT 145 in Beallsville Ohio. Inspired by Stichills KY ride I had a personal pan pepperoni pizza. Pretty good. What was even better? RTs 26, 800, 255, 78, 145 and 78 in se Ohio. Good night I have had 3 days of great motorcycle roads. Headed home tomorrow and will post up some pics then.

Btw I know I just posted up a milestone pic on the ST, but will have another by the time I get home lol.

Worn out.. Headed to the hotel Jacuzzi now :D
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Offroad, commission Stichill and EmptySea. They could take the Ferret with them, which would result in a wide variety of eating experiences!
Wow. Keeping working until retirement, or start riding and eating. Tough decision! :P
offroadfx4_imp said:
This is great! Someone should write a guide touring American connecting unique small restaurants linked by back roads all about 4 - 3 hours apart!

I would enjoy touring America this way, riding back roads, looking forward to a unique dining experience at every stop.

I would even pay for such a guide!

Pictures like Stichill and Ferret take would be a must ;-)
You're describing my dream life! :thumbsup:
 
From this past weekend's trip to SE Ohio

The Historic Beallsville Diner in Beallsville, Ohio

ffdcdc9e111bbbed2a6877fe3bb99401.jpg


personal pan pepperoni pizza

6cf69c38fc00b0b0b02a8e62e6b37945.jpg
 
Stichill_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Offroad, commission Stichill and EmptySea. They could take the Ferret with them, which would result in a wide variety of eating experiences!
Wow. Keeping working until retirement, or start riding and eating. Tough decision! :P
offroadfx4_imp said:
This is great! Someone should write a guide touring American connecting unique small restaurants linked by back roads all about 4 - 3 hours apart!

I would enjoy touring America this way, riding back roads, looking forward to a unique dining experience at every stop.

I would even pay for such a guide!

Pictures like Stichill and Ferret take would be a must ;-)
You're describing my dream life! :thumbsup:
Wow. Keeping working until retirement, or start riding and eating. Tough decision! :P
Mate, if you don't start eating soon, you won't live long enough to retire! :P
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
From this past weekend's trip to SE Ohio

The Historic Beallsville Diner in Beallsville, Ohio

ffdcdc9e111bbbed2a6877fe3bb99401.jpg


personal pan pepperoni pizza

6cf69c38fc00b0b0b02a8e62e6b37945.jpg
Cool diner! Pizza looks delicious...

Cormanus_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Offroad, commission Stichill and EmptySea. They could take the Ferret with them, which would result in a wide variety of eating experiences!
Wow. Keeping working until retirement, or start riding and eating. Tough decision! :P
offroadfx4_imp said:
This is great! Someone should write a guide touring American connecting unique small restaurants linked by back roads all about 4 - 3 hours apart!

I would enjoy touring America this way, riding back roads, looking forward to a unique dining experience at every stop.

I would even pay for such a guide!

Pictures like Stichill and Ferret take would be a must ;-)
You're describing my dream life! :thumbsup:
Wow. Keeping working until retirement, or start riding and eating. Tough decision! :P
Mate, if you don't start eating soon, you won't live long enough to retire! :P
:rofl:
 
Great thread and travel , the Oysters looked great and that Big Bopper Burger is huge .

rain today so i had Grilled / BBQ Fish Salad at home
 
Thread starter
Crewitt's Creek Kitchen & Bar in Independence, Kentucky USA.

My riding buddy had the Grouper fish sandwich:
9da0e301ae217d072b1b8deb42ff9ff1.jpg


I had the the "Down South" fried chicken sandwich, hot and delicious. Wish I'd gotten a better angle so you could see the chicken! :)
2f8cae4268a322ab37639ae2c0ed6a55.jpg
 
I like chicken sandwiches. ( don't care for slaw or hush puppies though)

I rode my brother up to Dayton, Ohio to pick up his repaired new T120 Bonneville. It had a stalling issue so they replaced the fuel gauge sending unit?..( Only know 3 people with the new Bonnies, all 3 have experienced the stalling issue.. How come dealers act like they have never heard of common issues? ) and anyway on the way home we stopped at one of my favorite "chain" restaurants. Steak and Shake. Never disappointed in their double steak burger with am cheese, pickle and catsup and fries. My brother always gets the triple with everything but cheese, add jalapenos.

Great sandwich and it's only $4 with fries.
 
Back
Top