The ferret_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
I never had biscuits and gravy until last month. Not for me. I've still never had grits, hash or crawfish.
:rofl: I love talking food. Peoples tastes are so different. I am about as picky as they come, but can't imagine not eating biscuits and gravy or corned beef hash or grits. (you can keeo the Crawfish..more bait)
And I'm not eating anything but the steak at Nortoons house with a cup of hot tea please. You can have all the wine and whatever Reisling is. Never acquired the taste for alcohol.
Riesling is a sweet German white wine. The late harvest version is similar to the ice wine sold here in Canada.
At a swanky uptown restaurant I ordered pate de foie gras as an appetizer. Ordinarily it is a pate made with goose liver served with an assortment of biscuits. I usually add a dab of mustard after loading the biscuit with pate. But to my surprize it was liver, which I don't like. I know, how come you can enjoy pate made with liver, but don't like liver? Different texture and different taste.
The server noticing that I was not eating my appetizer suggested I try a glass of late harvest Riesling with it. That was the first and only time I enjoyed liver. When it came time for dessert there was nothing chocolate, so I had another glass Riesling. It has become my favourite white wine.
As a young biker beer was a party staple. Back then you were frowned upon if you didn't show up with a case of 24 beer strapped with bungee cords to the seat of your bike. Saddlebags were not in vogue back then, and beer was cheaper than liquor. Tough on the girlfriends as they had to car pool, but they didn't have to pay for their beer.
As we matured some and held better paying jobs, liquor became more popular. Like a bigger and faster bikes however, there was a learning curve with liquor that most of us had to learn the hard way.
Lying in my bed after a party, I closed my eyes and the room slowly started to spin. I opened my eyes and it stopped. Despite being drunk it didn't take long before I realized it was going to hard to sleep with my eyes open. So I closed my eyes and the room began to spin slowly, then faster, and faster. It will stop I told myself, and it did! Only to start all over again. After a few episodes like this, I learned to appreciate wine.
Now that we enjoy wine with dinner, I have lost my appetite for beer and liquor.