Live to Ride...Ride to Eat

Cool and interestin story Sea. Glad yo got the table.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I think the idea was to make it seem more exclusive, but these are not private clubs. In fact many of them do not even take reservations.
Wikipedia tells me that these establishments originally were places where folks would come and spend the entire evening—drinks, dinner, listening to music or even dancing. So maybe the “club” part of the name refers more to a night club than to a private club.
Oh...and this s not some sort of restaurant chain. Rack is independently owned. A supper club generally serves steak and seafood, is a “white tablecloth” restaurant, and the cocktail of choice is a Wisconsin Old Fashioned. I think I’ll post more about supper clubs on my next Seat Time report
I worked at a Utah ski resort for several seasons and back then, if you wanted to drink, you had to pay a fee to become a member of a private club, which was basically a bar. There were several located in Salt Lake City. Once inside, they were like any other bar. If you weren't a member, you could enter as a guest of a member. The Green Parrot in SLC comes to mind. In the 2000's, the state's liquor laws were liberalized and the club system was abolished.
 
MTC’s 20-mile coffee ride today inspired me to get off my duff, grab my riding gear, and get some breakfast before the skies opened up. I’ve been riding my CB so much this summer that my other toys have gone dormant, so I wheeled out the K1200RS, mostly out of guilt for not riding it lately. I’ve owned this bike since new (21 years, 135k miles) and forgot how smooth and powerful it is. It's one of my all-time favorites.

The place I patronized is adjacent to an abandoned rubber factory and has a gritty, working-class feel to it. They serve breakfast 24 hours/day and have been winning Best of Denver awards for years. They've even been tagged as one of Esquire magazine’s “Top 50 Best Breakfasts in America.” Definitely my kind of place. The waitresses have been there for a million years. They aren’t pretty but they all wear aprons, call you “honey” and “dear,” and know their way around. I like it. The service was impeccable and the food, as always, was perfect. $8.50 for everything you see here.

e22b64004692882ff4e47f2a9ffd7c91.jpg



00616d09febaf10e3c110af4103f0521.jpg
 
back to a BBQ favorite today for some " Redneck Egg Rolls " .
these things are fantastic will pulled pork , coleslaw and lots of cheese.
with my discount $4.83 and .99 cent draft in a frozen glass all day long.
[ only had one BTW ]
and i can not resist showing you guys these T-Bones :rofl:
 
Not sure I could do those egg rolls but I'd be all over the t bones.
 
Stopped en route for an Aussie pie. Decided on the potato pie with sauce (ketchup).

 
Last weekend went to Petersburg IN to see 423 Smokehouse after reading about it in the Evansville newspaper.

They had onion straws....I have a weakness for onion rings and I haven't had onion straws for 25 years....very good!

fa9296bcfddf933f68e7d0832d2cd28b.jpg


Brisket wasn't bad either.

108c388c98a89ce660f51865af41ef5c.jpg


Place was busy!

7f4cabc4b5372e71f1a1892326de3406.jpg
 
Two of my favorite things..Bmw motorcycles and HJC helmets

Ill pass on the uncooked meat and onion worms lol ( and the bowl of chopped grass)
 
Managed to squeeze in a 15 mile ride for lunch. Decided to try a new (to me) Chinese restaurant. It's not near any great riding areas, but my lunch loop did take me on a few curvy stretches. More important, though, the Mongolian Beef was outstanding and the lunch special included an egg roll, soup, and fried rice. All for less than $10.00, which is not bad in these parts.

58edbd52ff9bc76fcc9545a05931bc9c.jpg

see witty reference in the "Let's See Your CB1100 On The Road" section

03fa31b778872c6fc3a6a04c641d4dbc.jpg
 
Meat Lovers Omelet!

First one I've seen at a small diner in Corydon IN.

Also Hwy 337 to Depauw is a great 10 mile road of curves .

b288504f9236f0ff04da9c441ce2f5b0.jpg


45cdb1658d8871afdca97962153170c1.jpg
 
Cormanus_imp said:
What American delicacy is that on top of the trout?
Hush Puppies, a delicious side usually served with any fried seafood in the southern states. Cornmeal, chopped onions, spices and deep fried they are fine fare if made right and awful if not.
 
Back
Top