Like New 2014s for Half the Price of a New 2017 EX

Fabrimtb_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Ooh silver engine and wheels ...nice. Im still amazed how many iterations there are of the CB1100.
One picture...
40b9e883a99adf0a20496e2d13fc4ff0.jpg


Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
One picture...
cc562cae31e63037b0d176882f2c2000.jpg


Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
Awesome photo. Screams Europe. Nowhere in the states looks like that, mayyyybe San Francisco.
 
For reasons that are totally subjective, I was totally smitten with the looks of the 2017 EX from the moment I first saw a photo of it. A year after buying it, I still cannot believe how much I love the looks of it. Plus, after decades of riding and owning many bikes, I have reached a point that with the proliferation of ABS, I wanted a bike that had it. Having bought the 2017, I find the dual bending valve forks to work exceptionally well, although the fact that bike is equipped with them was not among the reasons I bought it. Getting the new bike last year for almost $2,500 off MSRP sealed the deal for me. Regrets? None.
 
For looks like my 2014 DLX better than my 2017 (silver engine and silver alloy wheels ) The front suspension on the 2017 is better but you can fit them onto the 2014 DLX. Tubeless tires are also a benefit in my opinion.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Any chance you could post a good picture of the other side, especially of the front wheel?
Here three pictures of the right side
03218a8c60cc2bb9e92ea917f4b8a781.jpg
1bcce5db7b4e4c5b39330c5cb316511d.jpg
6da811f454f2a0276111c4f27af317c2.jpg


Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
 
Thank you Fabrim. Beautiful bike indeed.

Does your bike have the Honda HISS too? We don’t get that either in the USA.
 
Thread starter
I always scoffed at ABS on a motorcycle until the day it saved me from going down during an all out panic stop. The bike was cool as a cucumber coming to a straight line stop with both wheels ABS pulsing. I still have bikes without ABS and have no qualms riding them, but when having the option while making a purchase decision it is certainly a factor.
 
Dave Swanson_imp said:
I always scoffed at ABS on a motorcycle until the day it saved me from going down during an all out panic stop. The bike was cool as a cucumber coming to a straight line stop with both wheels ABS pulsing. I still have bikes without ABS and have no qualms riding them, but when having the option while making a purchase decision it is certainly a factor.

Dave, could you feel the pulsing? I have never felt it on either of my ABS equipped bikes, and always wondered what it felt like. I have stopped awfully hard a couple times, hard enough I expected wheel lock up, but no lock up and no sensations that I could feel from the ABS either. I'm told it is basically seemless now in operation.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Thank you Fabrim. Beautiful bike indeed.

Does your bike have the Honda HISS too? We don’t get that either in the USA.
Thanks!
Yes, mine has the HISS. I removed the sticker from the tank

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Dave Swanson_imp said:
I always scoffed at ABS on a motorcycle until the day it saved me from going down during an all out panic stop. The bike was cool as a cucumber coming to a straight line stop with both wheels ABS pulsing. I still have bikes without ABS and have no qualms riding them, but when having the option while making a purchase decision it is certainly a factor.

Dave, could you feel the pulsing? I have never felt it on either of my ABS equipped bikes, and always wondered what it felt like. I have stopped awfully hard a couple times, hard enough I expected wheel lock up, but no lock up and no sensations that I could feel from the ABS either. I'm told it is basically seemless now in operation.
I could feel the brake pulsing through the front brake lever, but not the bike itself.
alprider_imp said:
ferret

ABS pulsing

try it on gravel....
That's why many bikes give you the option of shutting it off at will.

I don't believe the CB1100 allows you to shut off ABS by jabbing a button though?
 
Great article PB, thanks for posting.
 
Sensation of pulsing throughout the front brake level and possibly the handlebar is what I have felt on the CB1100. Not alarming, but subtle and noticeable enough to know in quick retrospect that your ABS was engaged. On later model highway-worthy Hondas, I have a tough time even feeling that.
 
Absolute necessity for some for peace of mind, for others not so much. There is no doubt, beyond question, that for normal street riding a modern ABS equipped bike is superior from a safe braking stand point to a non ABS bike.

Doesn't mean a good rider on a non ABS bike can't ride the life of the motorcycle without an incident.

Loved my non ABS bikes, love my ABS bikes.
 
Fabrimtb_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Ooh silver engine and wheels ...nice. Im still amazed how many iterations there are of the CB1100.
One picture...
40b9e883a99adf0a20496e2d13fc4ff0.jpg


Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
One picture...
d99329bec7e2575c7b6b0a92bad70ae9.jpg


Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
Looks like a winner !
 
WOW!

here I am digging the dirt about CB, W800, W650, RE interceptor and you just decide to pull the trigger just like that.

I know the saying "if you're looking for the issues - you'll never buy any motorcycle"

I was leaning to skipping the 2014-2016 models entirely and wait for that 2017 price drop because of 2 things:
1. fuel tank's better design on 2017 (personal opinion).
2. I got cold feet about earlier models due to IDLE issue

How does this not concern you?
I would like to hear some arguments to help adjust my attitude.
What are the chances of CB getting that idle issue?
Maybe I'm just paranoid
 
Back
Top