Just now saw your question, sorry no one has responded until now. I live in Texas, and in the heat of summer I wear a Dianese armored vest over a long sleeve T shirt, and armored Scorpion gloves. The vest has chest and back armor plus kangaroo zip pouch in the front. Only problem is apparently Dianese does not offer it anymore, as I could not find it on their web site. This Rukka vest is similar bit no pockets. Rukka Kastor 3.0 Vest Protector (Size SM) - RevZilla
Another option, if chest armor is not a requirement for you, would be the Icon Brigand vest. It has D30 CE rated back protector, and has two zip pockets on the front. Motorcycle Vests - RevZilla I use my vest all summer, and like having some armor, as opposed to no armor, or sweating my tail off in a full jacket.