License Plate screws.

rboe

Road warrior
Thread starter
Got to the Grotto this morning and noticed my license plate was hanging by one screw (the finger tightened black plastic/nylon ones). WTH!? Completely lost my license plate on the Griso over New Years (2 metal fasteners); I've never had a this sort of problem - ever.

I've ordered some stainless steel screws with locking nuts to replace the current fasteners.

So this is a heads up to you all to double check your plate fasteners and to post your favorite fasteners for the license plate (while also thinking this thread should not even be needed!).
 
"I've ordered some stainless steel screws with locking nuts to replace the current fasteners."

Because I have vanity plates on all my vehicles I only use stainless bolts and nylock nuts. Most are tamper proof as well. Maine is very reasonable on vanity plate charges unlike other states that really gouge you.



Sent using Tapatalk.
 
You don't have to order any, just stop at any Ace Hardware, they sell SS nuts bolts and nylock nuts by the piece. I have those black plastic fasteners on my CB, had them on a few bikes, better not take a chance, I'll replace them this week.

The Grotto you speak of, is that the Red Truck place? I grade the parking lot there a few times a yr. after heavy rain. I wonder what happened to the Cave Creek Coffee Co., a lot of bikes used to go there and all of a sudden its closed. Best coffee and bagels in the valley is in fountain hills, DJ's bagels in the Safeway parking lot next to Burger King, Nice ride across Dynamite and down McDowell Mtn rd. into Fountain Hills. I live along Dynamite at 152.
 
Thread starter
Red Truck place is indeed the place. :)

C4 closed, as rumor has it, it was not making enough to service the bank note. A local gal has bought the place and it's now a yogurt, yogo and coffee place. I see some of the adventure bike guys parking there (four or five bikes this morning with only two of us at the Grotto) but I have not tried it yet.

I was there the day everyone was told it was closing that day. A whole bunch of sad faces.

In the spring we use Fountain Hills as a meet up spot for a ride to Payson. Otherwise I don't really get over there too often. But I'll keep that in mind. :worship:

The set I ordered has the allen head with the stud in the middle making it hard to steal.
 
It HAS to be winter when the best we can talk about is license plate screws :)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
It HAS to be winter when the best we can talk about is license plate screws :)
I have to admit, I secretly worry that the CB1100 is such a nice and reliable motorcycle, that will will only have a limited number of things to discuss on the board in the future.
 
Houtman_imp said:
One day we might all be so old that the only thing we discuss is our own health issues.
I think ferret did that already :P
 
Thread starter
Got the screw kit yesterday, looks like a Torx screw head with a pin in the middle to make it hard to steal. Came with the special wrench to install.

I think the hard part is to store the wrench in a place that will be easy to find later.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
It HAS to be winter when the best we can talk about is license plate screws :)
I have to admit, I secretly worry that the CB1100 is such a nice and reliable motorcycle, that will will only have a limited number of things to discuss on the board in the future.
I have to admit, I secretly worry that the CB1100 is such a nice and reliable motorcycle, that will will only have a limited number of things to discuss on the board in the future.
I think we're already there. But dont worry. Whenever even one more is sold, we can discuss everything on your list again.

BTW, with the weather I think my tire pressure is a little off. Anyone? Anyone?.......... Nevermind.
 
Hey...at least we are not arguing about which is the best lic plate screw lol
 
Thread starter
The proper way to put a bike on the center stand while putting in the best oil after riding the best way to do an Iron Butt after having the speed limiter deactivated and able to get 58 mpg using super inflated tires and Teflon based chain lube.

And I still lost my license plate.
And to all you guys that disagree.....
 
soggybottom_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
One day we might all be so old that the only thing we discuss is our own health issues.
That is the main topic for me and my friends now, dam! I hate that when that happens.
That is the main topic for me and my friends now, dam! I hate that when that happens.

Lol sounds like one of our family reunions. My youngest brother is 61, my older sisters are 72 and 73 and my older brother is 75. We have plenty of health issues to discuss when we get together.

All 3 brothers are still riding motorcycles though, and my one sister used to ride but gave it up not too many years ago.
 
Back
Top