Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

I really like the blue!  Was that a stock color or painted?

Sometimes I still dream of buying a blue tank
1TxBmvV.png

...or going fender / side cover / tank: 
bAeeyTU.jpg


But just the tank shipped is $1,500.
 
Yeah I think that's why I ended up buying the bike - the previous owner had the panels and tank painted. Did a great job. It isn't the same blue as stock - they described it as 'kingfisher blue'.
 
Easynow said:
Yeah I think that's why I ended up buying the bike - the previous owner had the panels and tank painted. Did a great job. It isn't the same blue as stock - they described it as 'kingfisher blue'.

I did the same web-poking to see if that shade of blue was original or not. I assumed it was custom painted, and it looks awesome! Sometimes I think of getting the OEM blue tank for my Enfield.

Years ago, I had a one-year-color Candy Tahitian Blue '93 Nighthawk. It had a few scratches, so I showed it to a local painter and got a quote to repaint the body panels in a simple Honda metallic blue to avoid the cost of a three-stage candy job. Got a great price, $500 for the whole bike (this was years ago, remember), and when he was done, I was blown away at the shade. Just a tad darker than original, and he went ahead and did a candy base coat on it. Something about a really nice blue that can make a bike really pop.
 

Attachments

  • Nighthawk 2.webp
    Nighthawk 2.webp
    121.8 KB · Views: 74
Ok, not "my" CB1100 on the road. My CB1100 is still napping in Mom's garage till my next visit. 
But, went on an AI bender last night, during a cocktail-infused barbecue session. You see, Mrs. and I listen to background music on YouTube while we do stuff in the kitchen. One of our favorite channels is Studio Giscard, which is AI-generated "French Sounds" with AI-generated 1970's scenes around an AI version of Paris. It's great background music: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbgFe4eI8gUJW3TzFAuGx3w

Last night, deep into a grapefruit concoction Mrs. came up with, flipping 50/50 beef/pork burgers, I glanced through the window from the patio into the living room and commented about the image for the video we were listening to at the time. I said "That looks like 1970s Robert Wagner getting out of a car looking serious". That got me thinking... I pulled out my phone and started chatting with Gemini. First, I asked it to pretty much put me in a similar setting:

[attachment=1720]

And here's where we ended up:

[attachment=1721]
 

Attachments

  • AI DS 21.webp
    AI DS 21.webp
    75.7 KB · Views: 60
  • AI LA CB.webp
    AI LA CB.webp
    78.4 KB · Views: 60
And that's precisely why you can't trust any picture on the internet anymore
 
Cormanus said:
That tie!

Yeah, initially it put me in a 60s suit. I asked Gemini to make the suit more 70s style. The tie is part of it. I think I actually have a tie that looks like that.


pdedse said:
I think Gone resembles Walter White, aka Heisenburg, from Breaking Bad.

EDIT: Gone, ask AI to put a Heisenburg hat on you and let's compare.

EDIT 2: 
4lSFc04.jpg

Oh, Chat already thinks I look like Bryan Cranston.
 

Attachments

  • Cranston.webp
    Cranston.webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 15
pdedse said:
I think Gone resembles Walter White, aka Heisenburg, from Breaking Bad.

EDIT: Gone, ask AI to put a Heisenburg hat on you and let's compare.

EDIT 2: 
4lSFc04.jpg

EDIT 3: 
I couldn't wait...here 'ya go...
Rxxk4dB.png
 
Does anyone remember that sartorially splendid character Jason King? Shirt cuffs folded over the suit jacket.

[attachment=1723]
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1072.webp
    IMG_1072.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 84
Those are some big RLETs! Even has them on the bar end weights! :)
 
Back
Top