Gone in 60
Road warrior
Nice ride! For as many ratchet straps as I dodge on the freeways, at least the strap didn't leave the bike.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
What rack are you using? Thanks in advance!Gone in 60 said:Not really any more... that's my V47, which as you can see is black and has a lot of silver trim. It looked great with my black and silver R1200R, but doesn't blend extremely well with a classic-style bike.
My go-to is a smaller E36, which looks more like an old-school hard suitcase and doesn't have Givi's fake taillight frippery. It's great for commuting with my computer, lunch and other daily stuff. The V47 is handy for carrying more stuff, obviously. Particularly for overnight trips or my weekend commute to the museum, where I need to take quite a bit - a uniform, shoes, gear, etc.
I had been hunting for a long-discontinued E45 Monokey box that is basically the E36 but larger. It has the same basic look as the E36 and can carry as much as the V47. I got lucky earlier this year and found one on Facebook that wasn't too trashed. I cleaned it up and refurbished it, and made it look as close to new as possible. I now use that for larger needs, and it can also swallow a helmet, which the E36 cannot. When my bike is in the parking garage at the museum, I like to pull out a duffle bag with all of my stuff for the day, drop in my helmet and lock it up. That way I'm only carrying one thing into the building, and my helmet is secure and out-of-sight.
I might get off my butt and sell the V47. It's in perfect condition.
Whoops said:That top box is quite large. Do you still use that?
dino2000 said:What rack are you using? Thanks in advance!
DavidCormanus said:Lovely shots as always, pdedse. Looks windy in that Hood River shot.

peterbaron said:I really wanted to visit pdedse, but after seing these beautiful photos, I see I can save on gas and speeding tickets....maybe next time
Great shots, pdedse!


Gone in 60 said:That’s a really cool shade of blue. Digging the helmet too. What kind is that?