GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
Yikes A-man! Glad to read you sailed through the injury.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thanks for sharing.The A-man_imp said:Well, it's been 3 or 4 weeks since I last rode, so with today's perfect weather, I had to get out and up into the mountains. On Easter Sunday, I slashed the top of my scalp on a low beam under our deck and wound up at the urgent care, getting 5 staples in the wound! I got the staples out late last Friday, and so today was the first attempt at wearing a helmet. No Problem!
So, I went with my neighbor, and we followed some of the routes that we'll take on the East Coast Rally. From Marion, NC, north on HWY 80 (The Devil's Whip), then North on the Blue Ridge Parkway, where we stopped at Switzerland Inn for lunch with another neighbor and his friend (both on BMW Adventure Bikes). Then North on the BRP, a stop at Linville Falls, then down South on 181, back to home on Lake James.
Beautiful day, warm in the lower elevations, a comfortable mid 70s in the Mountains, and crystal clear skies!
From the BRP looking East:
![]()
From the BRP looking West + my neighbor's 1975 Triumph Trident:
![]()
![]()
Now, some random images of lunch at the Switzerland Inn. I'll plan on making this a lunch stop during the Rally!
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Finally, our lunch table:
![]()
So, about 95 miles for this loop. Just over 4 hours including lunch and numerous stops to take in the sights.
This could be YOU if you join us for this year's East Coast Rally!
Dang, A-Man, ouch! I just got back from a week in Rockingham, staying in Aberdeen. Beautiful country! (And I didn't get a speeding ticket this time). Kept thinking of what a neat place it would be to ride, and talked to the locals about "Yeah, you can do the Dragon, but if you really want to find the good riding roads, come with us someday."The A-man_imp said:Well, it's been 3 or 4 weeks since I last rode, so with today's perfect weather, I had to get out and up into the mountains. On Easter Sunday, I slashed the top of my scalp on a low beam under our deck and wound up at the urgent care, getting 5 staples in the wound! I got the staples out late last Friday, and so today was the first attempt at wearing a helmet. No Problem!
So, I went with my neighbor, and we followed some of the routes that we'll take on the East Coast Rally. From Marion, NC, north on HWY 80 (The Devil's Whip), then North on the Blue Ridge Parkway, where we stopped at Switzerland Inn for lunch with another neighbor and his friend (both on BMW Adventure Bikes). Then North on the BRP, a stop at Linville Falls, then down South on 181, back to home on Lake James.
Beautiful day, warm in the lower elevations, a comfortable mid 70s in the Mountains, and crystal clear skies!
From the BRP looking East:
![]()
From the BRP looking West + my neighbor's 1975 Triumph Trident:
![]()
![]()
Now, some random images of lunch at the Switzerland Inn. I'll plan on making this a lunch stop during the Rally!
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Finally, our lunch table:
![]()
So, about 95 miles for this loop. Just over 4 hours including lunch and numerous stops to take in the sights.
This could be YOU if you join us for this year's East Coast Rally!
Welcome, Dennis! Wow, the international contingent of this forum is very unique indeed. Hope you'll show us more of the area you ride in!DennisHe_imp said:HELLO, share my 2014 MY EX version. i like this white scheme.
Excellent. Very nice them images alprider.alprider_imp said:


+1peterbaron_imp said:Good yellow look, I like it Alp![]()
