Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

The A-man_imp said:
Well, it's been 3 or 4 weeks since I last rode, so with today's perfect weather, I had to get out and up into the mountains. On Easter Sunday, I slashed the top of my scalp on a low beam under our deck and wound up at the urgent care, getting 5 staples in the wound! I got the staples out late last Friday, and so today was the first attempt at wearing a helmet. No Problem!

So, I went with my neighbor, and we followed some of the routes that we'll take on the East Coast Rally. From Marion, NC, north on HWY 80 (The Devil's Whip), then North on the Blue Ridge Parkway, where we stopped at Switzerland Inn for lunch with another neighbor and his friend (both on BMW Adventure Bikes). Then North on the BRP, a stop at Linville Falls, then down South on 181, back to home on Lake James.

Beautiful day, warm in the lower elevations, a comfortable mid 70s in the Mountains, and crystal clear skies!

From the BRP looking East:

85ebd3e64ea7006255ce4f55bcfe0bb8.jpg


From the BRP looking West + my neighbor's 1975 Triumph Trident:

e86c21d4c1008f8c762cb82135182fe1.jpg


51d02adb767bceb47ba834274d4c539c.jpg


Now, some random images of lunch at the Switzerland Inn. I'll plan on making this a lunch stop during the Rally!

d7e2d4da4261c2cd7c6e761e9855be0b.jpg


58bc5a215e7ddb2bdff78ba21d3b4a66.jpg


dd4976f204d2591cd38d0d50af445bbc.jpg


2e3fb09f9fcd0ab44aa786cc53f6d7a8.jpg


Finally, our lunch table:

abbf50d6fe09299877cfb75f1413b9d9.jpg


So, about 95 miles for this loop. Just over 4 hours including lunch and numerous stops to take in the sights.

This could be YOU if you join us for this year's East Coast Rally!
Thanks for sharing.
 
Greetings Dennis. Where in China are you?
 
Howdy Dennis and welcome to the forum. White looks good.
 
The A-man_imp said:
Well, it's been 3 or 4 weeks since I last rode, so with today's perfect weather, I had to get out and up into the mountains. On Easter Sunday, I slashed the top of my scalp on a low beam under our deck and wound up at the urgent care, getting 5 staples in the wound! I got the staples out late last Friday, and so today was the first attempt at wearing a helmet. No Problem!

So, I went with my neighbor, and we followed some of the routes that we'll take on the East Coast Rally. From Marion, NC, north on HWY 80 (The Devil's Whip), then North on the Blue Ridge Parkway, where we stopped at Switzerland Inn for lunch with another neighbor and his friend (both on BMW Adventure Bikes). Then North on the BRP, a stop at Linville Falls, then down South on 181, back to home on Lake James.

Beautiful day, warm in the lower elevations, a comfortable mid 70s in the Mountains, and crystal clear skies!

From the BRP looking East:

85ebd3e64ea7006255ce4f55bcfe0bb8.jpg


From the BRP looking West + my neighbor's 1975 Triumph Trident:

e86c21d4c1008f8c762cb82135182fe1.jpg


51d02adb767bceb47ba834274d4c539c.jpg


Now, some random images of lunch at the Switzerland Inn. I'll plan on making this a lunch stop during the Rally!

d7e2d4da4261c2cd7c6e761e9855be0b.jpg


58bc5a215e7ddb2bdff78ba21d3b4a66.jpg


dd4976f204d2591cd38d0d50af445bbc.jpg


2e3fb09f9fcd0ab44aa786cc53f6d7a8.jpg


Finally, our lunch table:

abbf50d6fe09299877cfb75f1413b9d9.jpg


So, about 95 miles for this loop. Just over 4 hours including lunch and numerous stops to take in the sights.

This could be YOU if you join us for this year's East Coast Rally!
Dang, A-Man, ouch! I just got back from a week in Rockingham, staying in Aberdeen. Beautiful country! (And I didn't get a speeding ticket this time). Kept thinking of what a neat place it would be to ride, and talked to the locals about "Yeah, you can do the Dragon, but if you really want to find the good riding roads, come with us someday."

And ouch! I must have been channeling you on Monday night when I got home. I sliced the top of my head on the edge of a bathroom counter leaning over to scoop the cat box. No staples or stitches, but I've been wearing a doo rag all week to keep my helmet liner from getting blood stained.
DennisHe_imp said:
HELLO, share my 2014 MY EX version. i like this white scheme.
Welcome, Dennis! Wow, the international contingent of this forum is very unique indeed. Hope you'll show us more of the area you ride in!
 
Very nice pics as usual Alprider.

When my wife and I toured Europe with Edelweiss back in 2010, some of the most impressive things we saw were churches.
 
Lovely environment you get to ride in alprider.
 
Back
Top