Nachodaddy
Road warrior
Nach...if I can ask...what took you to AZ?pdedse_imp said:Nach...if I can ask...what took you to AZ?Nachodaddy_imp said:Nach...if I can ask...what took you to AZ? In a word, love. The Air Force sent me to Davis-Monthan in 1985 where I met the most beautiful girl in the world, who was also in the Air Force and she made me marry her. Her family lives here and in Globe, so, when she retired from the Air Force a few years back, we retired here. She was the last Air Force Chief Nurse at McChord AFB, WA, which is why we were there. I loved it there and would love to live there. We could see Mt Ranier from the park down the street from our house only a 1/4 mile from Puget Sound. I went with her to a conference near Mt Hood while we were in Washington. Absolutely beautiful place.pdedse_imp said:Nach...if I can ask...what took you to AZ?Nachodaddy_imp said:Beautiful scenery, Pdedse. It reminds me a lot of the roads I used to ride on my GS1100, from University Place, WA, to Mt Rainier. Good memories.
In a word, love. ...
Ah, that's the best of reasons! I ask because the clock is ticking ever closer to retirement for us. I may have mentioned to you before that my wife and I are thinking of relocating to AZ, which would actually be a return to where we started out together--Scottsdale / Chandler, our first 9 years. This time around we would likely choose Tucson. As beautiful as the northwest is, we do grow tired of the rain. Wife is from Costa Rica and we'll spend 1/2 of the year there and maybe more--it's already rainy enough in CR and so we thought it would be nice to have a dry place stateside.
I don't know where I'm going with this...maybe wondering how the relocation went for you, whether you like being there for the retirement days.
In a word, love. ...
Ah, that's the best of reasons! I ask because the clock is ticking ever closer to retirement for us. I may have mentioned to you before that my wife and I are thinking of relocating to AZ, which would actually be a return to where we started out together--Scottsdale / Chandler, our first 9 years. This time around we would likely choose Tucson. As beautiful as the northwest is, we do grow tired of the rain. Wife is from Costa Rica and we'll spend 1/2 of the year there and maybe more--it's already rainy enough in CR and so we thought it would be nice to have a dry place stateside.
I don't know where I'm going with this...maybe wondering how the relocation went for you, whether you like being there for the retirement days. Romance is clouding your vision. Thousands are coming here every day willing to pay anything for any kind of dwelling. The water supply is dangerously low and they aren't making anymore of it. Roads can't be repaired and improved fast enough and the traffic is getting unbearable. I won't leave my wife and she won't leave her relatives, so I am stuck here. Can I make it any clearer? You want dry? Be careful what you wish for. Coming from Oregon, you may take water for granted. There will be a day here before long when you won't be able to flush a toilet or wash your dishes, much less sell your house. That said, Tucson is probably a better choice. Or someplace not too far east of Tucson, simply because you will want to fly out of Tucson's airport.




