Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Cormanus_imp said:
b11a06a30cc3bdcb8ffbfa048d6b281a.gif
 
pdedse_imp said:
Nice way to bring in the new year, mtc. How's the water at Glencoe beach come summertime?
Swimming? Great. Lake Michigan is clear and cool - wonderful way to beat the summer heat.

Sailing? They sail Hobies, Sunfish, Lasers, and I think a few other boats off the beach. Summer winds are often offshore and light which is not ideal for getting out and especially getting back in.

Surfing? Yes, people do surf on Lake Michigan, but not very often at Glencoe Beach - usually at beaches further south on the Illinois/Indiana side or occasionally further north into Wisconsin.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
The local BMW group has a New Year’s breakfast. It convenes at 8:00am. They call it “New Year’s Biker Breakfast”. I think it should be renamed “Breakfast for Riders Too Old to Party on New Year’s Eve”. Regardless, it’s a nice way to start the new year and because the weather today was reasonable, I got 40 miles in.

ae85de8b4521a37459d7d19f35411809.jpg


e62494df0ce6836c1ce6a94d3e85580c.jpg

Only three people rode. That’s about the average for this event.

ce5c29c797c216ee6428789ed9f9034b.jpg

“My Road” - Sheridan Rd., just north of Tower Road, Winnetka, IL

97dc9a7c83bc8be9356b028ce8488a47.jpg

Glencoe Beach overlook.

297c27b1abf53e0d457db97010c15be6.jpg

Glencoe Beach


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unique arrangement for the CB1100 MTC. :thumbsup:
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Q: Do US 2103 CBs have greenish speedo faces like a DLX?
I thought we've seen some 2013 models have it? Must have been the early Deluxe offering.
I thought we've seen some 2013 models have it? Must have been the early Deluxe offering.
Yeah, that what I think, very sure that Gone's 2013 has greenish speedo face, unless it was a pic illusion ?
EmptySea_imp said:
326521292e7d9db1f89f6b91f5414773.jpg



My 2013 speedometer for comparison to your DLX
Thank you MTC
 
Never sure if these posts should go here or in "Today's Weather", but since this one is really about yesterday's weather, I opted to make this post here.

Decent day any time of year, but pretty special for February in Chicago. Temps in the 40s with southerly winds made for a delightful ride. With wet and sometimes slick patches that appear during midwinter thaws, I tend to ride these days on familiar routes. Yesterday, in search of blue sky for the Photo Challenge thread, I headed to Lake Michigan and Sheridan Rd. Stopped in Wilmette, Kenilworth, and finally Winnetka to find a spot that had both water and blue sky.

It did get a little cloudy on the return ride which of course added a bit of a chill so I stopped at my local Irish-style Pub and had some soup and a pint before heading home. Once home, I settled down with a cigar and a Manhattan and a February sunset.

fa8eeeede21e0ae8088fa47f17e02bb4.jpg

gratuitous selfie

607966ab3284cb707d2757675234e261.jpg

Bike and Blue Sky Pic #1

db568951f2ee8c1334284395b3d0f1e9.jpg

Bike and Blue Sky Pick #2 -- The domed structure on the horizon is the Bahá’í Temple in Wilmette.

30e624fe87ba440c2b3989bcab5e3ac3.jpg

Stronger evidence than a groundhog can provide that winter is going to be here for a bit.

8d6bd9c058ac4d163c4fcd764311a2e6.jpg

Artsy photo for your enjoyment.

977d4dc1915c48abb8cdf0ad6c7b5078.jpg

It was hopping in Uptown Park Ridge for a Sunday afternoon. Was lucky to squeeze my bike into this little parking spot.

1d28e3d3d879625b63f9cb82de9a2f65.jpg

I used Dubonnet Red instead of vermouth for this Manhattan. Came out pretty good.

56b5e87f0fe79fafe4657eb1c1093985.jpg

For the "this is a motorcycle thread" folks, you will see my Kendon Motorcycle trailer in the foreground of this picture of my end-of-day view.
 
wow nice bikes and clean garage. Gone would be envious
 
MTC, is there a story to the highball glass?

olafurarason, as Ferret says, nice bikes and garage. Is the riding good in Iceland?
 
Very nice Olaf - indeed.

I work on my bikes outside when it is not precipitating, sun lit, warm enough, and not too cold. Low wind is helpful, but not always a requirement.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
MTC, is there a story to the highball glass?

olafurarason, as Ferret says, nice bikes and garage. Is the riding good in Iceland?
Cormanus, Unfortunately, the road network in here is restrictive for Street Bikes; short and monotonous. I often wish I have an off road adventure bike, like Africa-Twin. It gives me access to the remote highlands which are the most stimulating riding scenarios in the northern hemisphere. Something CB1100 can't give me. But I love riding it.
GoldOxide_imp said:
Very nice Olaf - indeed.

I work on my bikes outside when it is not precipitating, sun lit, warm enough, and not too cold. Low wind is helpful, but not always a requirement.
GoldOxide, me too. I work always on my bikes outside, in all weather. It´s me and my 1100's under the snow far right!!
 
olafurarason_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
MTC, is there a story to the highball glass?

olafurarason, as Ferret says, nice bikes and garage. Is the riding good in Iceland?
Cormanus, Unfortunately, the road network in here is restrictive for Street Bikes; short and monotonous. I often wish I have an off road adventure bike, like Africa-Twin. It gives me access to the remote highlands which are the most stimulating riding scenarios in the northern hemisphere. Something CB1100 can't give me. But I love riding it.
GoldOxide_imp said:
Very nice Olaf - indeed.

I work on my bikes outside when it is not precipitating, sun lit, warm enough, and not too cold. Low wind is helpful, but not always a requirement.
GoldOxide, me too. I work always on my bikes outside, in all weather. It´s me and my 1100's under the snow far right!!
...

GoldOxide, me too. I work always on my bikes outside, in all weather. It´s me and my 1100's under the snow far right!!
 
Back
Top