Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

GoldOxide_imp said:
... maybe, but there is a shadow covering the boot MTC. Otherwise, the deal of the day looked good.
The shadow over my boot was intentional. I was too lazy to stand up, but didn’t want my super-cool TCX boot to distract from the scene.
GoldOxide_imp said:
On autumn days like this sometimes I wonder what a half and quarter CB1100 lump would feel like between the knee caps.
What’s a “half and quarter CB1100 lump” ?
 
EmptySea_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
... maybe, but there is a shadow covering the boot MTC. Otherwise, the deal of the day looked good.
The shadow over my boot was intentional. I was too lazy to stand up, but didn’t want my super-cool TCX boot to distract from the scene.
GoldOxide_imp said:
On autumn days like this sometimes I wonder what a half and quarter CB1100 lump would feel like between the knee caps.
What’s a “half and quarter CB1100 lump” ?
The shadow over my boot was intentional. I was too lazy to stand up, but didn’t want my super-cool TCX boot to distract from the scene.
:cool:

EmptySea_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
... maybe, but there is a shadow covering the boot MTC. Otherwise, the deal of the day looked good.
The shadow over my boot was intentional. I was too lazy to stand up, but didn’t want my super-cool TCX boot to distract from the scene.
GoldOxide_imp said:
On autumn days like this sometimes I wonder what a half and quarter CB1100 lump would feel like between the knee caps.
What’s a “half and quarter CB1100 lump” ?
What’s a “half and quarter CB1100 lump” ?
Something like an inline-twin, and a single thumper.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
... maybe, but there is a shadow covering the boot MTC. Otherwise, the deal of the day looked good.
The shadow over my boot was intentional. I was too lazy to stand up, but didn’t want my super-cool TCX boot to distract from the scene.
GoldOxide_imp said:
On autumn days like this sometimes I wonder what a half and quarter CB1100 lump would feel like between the knee caps.
What’s a “half and quarter CB1100 lump” ?
I thought he meant:

(1100 ÷ 2) + (1100 ÷ 4)

= 550 + 275 = 825cc
 
Not sure why it would make a difference which season we’re in, but at least now I understand he was referring to displacement.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Not sure why it would make a difference which season we’re in, but at least now I understand he was referring to displacement.
I was wondering when somebody was going to point out the reference to the season. Well done MTC.
 
So what does he win? Enquiring minds want to know. We might try harder next time. :D
 
Totally forgot to mention that my cigar stop last week was at a movie landmark.

2c997636555c170c1f65361fc03eaea2.jpg

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” — Ferris Bueller

_____________________

323434296137c58f63d331dbd8d93932.jpg

Had time to enjoy a cigar and the view from a bluff overlooking Glencoe Beach, Glencoe, IL
511d5d0b73bad686b1d2404357280c95.jpg

Figured you might prefer to see more of the view and less of the cigar.

____________________________
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Totally forgot to mention that my cigar stop last week was at a movie landmark.

2c997636555c170c1f65361fc03eaea2.jpg

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” — Ferris Bueller

_____________________

323434296137c58f63d331dbd8d93932.jpg

Had time to enjoy a cigar and the view from a bluff overlooking Glencoe Beach, Glencoe, IL
511d5d0b73bad686b1d2404357280c95.jpg

Figured you might prefer to see more of the view and less of the cigar.

____________________________
Have we seen this shadowy leg/boot before? :-/
 
Nice ride in the U.P. (Upper Peninsula of Michigan) last Tuesday. Temps were in the mid 70's with lots of color. I dragged along a few friends along on their Harleys for the experience. Last night some of the areas we rode got over 10 inches of snow.
 
MFGUSA_imp said:
Nice ride in the U.P. (Upper Peninsula of Michigan) last Tuesday. Temps were in the mid 70's with lots of color. I dragged along a few friends along on their Harleys for the experience. Last night some of the areas we rode got over 10 inches of snow.
Dang. Already? :-/
 
12/29/2022 - 55° Fahrenheit, cloudy, and very little chance of precipitation. Commuted to work and rode out to lunch a new taqueria that just opened. Had 3 tacos - carne asada, al pastor, and de pescado. All delicious. Today's riding, as reported in "Today's Weather" was a little mucky, but I’ve stopped complaining since I remembered that this is the second anniversary of my first and failed attempt at riding in a blizzard.

I had no idea that this was the anniversary of my wreck until I returned to the office. Pretty spooky that I was parked in virtually the same spot today as where I left my hobbled bike two year's prior.

0abcaa9e415330215d4d2ed46b4fed4b.jpg

On 12/29/2022 I ate tacos

50217de18e0d088766575200ca2069e0.jpg

On 12/29/2020 I ate s*#t.
 
Much better outcomes all round MTC.
 
The local BMW group has a New Year’s breakfast. It convenes at 8:00am. They call it “New Year’s Biker Breakfast”. I think it should be renamed “Breakfast for Riders Too Old to Party on New Year’s Eve”. Regardless, it’s a nice way to start the new year and because the weather today was reasonable, I got 40 miles in.

ae85de8b4521a37459d7d19f35411809.jpg


e62494df0ce6836c1ce6a94d3e85580c.jpg

Only three people rode. That’s about the average for this event.

ce5c29c797c216ee6428789ed9f9034b.jpg

“My Road” - Sheridan Rd., just north of Tower Road, Winnetka, IL

97dc9a7c83bc8be9356b028ce8488a47.jpg

Glencoe Beach overlook.

297c27b1abf53e0d457db97010c15be6.jpg

Glencoe Beach


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
“Breakfast for Riders Too Old to Party on New Year’s Eve”.

:rofl:


Confession: I was asleep by 9:30 yesterday :banana: Party on!
 
Good one EmptySea. Like Ferret, I was well out for the count before midnight on the 31st.
 
Back
Top