Tev62
Road warrior
Envious photos Hovmod, looks like a fabulous time out.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hovmod, gorgeous photos, thanks. I think you should start a thread just called "Norway" and then post a batch of photos weekly.Hovmod_imp said:Went for an overnight ride to Smøla, an island a few hours southwest of here. Spectacular roads the entire trip, no traffic, no rain (except for half an hour while we were waiting for the ferry), just me and my buddy enjoying our awesome bikes (he bought his BMW R nineT just a few weeks ago) and getting to know new places and new favorite roads.
![]()
Mountains in the background are on the mainland, windmills on the island.
![]()
Veidholmen, as far out in the ocean as you can get on a Honda, has had a thriving community for hundreds of years. None of the houses have panorama windows towards the sea, because this place gets WHIPPED all year round. That's the North Sea right there, and it can be hostile.
![]()
Stunning in any direction.
![]()
Everything is super well maintained out there, I'm assuming that they have to keep their houses in 100% shape, again because of the weather.
![]()
Wheeeeeeeee!
![]()
Sunsets last for hours this far north. We're not quite in midnight sun latitudes here, but this time of year it never gets really dark. The sun sets for an hour or two, that's all.
![]()
Looking back after some spectacular uphill twisties. I tightened the preload on the springs for the first time going back yesterday, and I really liked it. No discernible downsides, just a tighter bike, more eager to go fast around corners. Feels safer, if you don't take into account that I probably used up the margins by going faster.
What a ride. This is the stuff we dream about all winter!
edit: I've put 3,000 km on it this year, expecting to see 15,000 later today. Yay!
edit2: This should probably have been in Seat Time.
^^ +1 ....and Wyvern..I guess ^^The ferret_imp said:Nice RS!
^^ +1 ....and Wyvern..I guess ^^peterbaron_imp said:^^ +1 ....and Wyvern..I guess ^^The ferret_imp said:Nice RS!
^^ +1 ....and Wyvern..I guess ^^mspaansnl_imp said:^^ +1 ....and Wyvern..I guess ^^peterbaron_imp said:^^ +1 ....and Wyvern..I guess ^^The ferret_imp said:Nice RS!
:celebrate: Wyvern is correct!

Nice shot mr spaans, hopelijk niet te koud voor u, remembering riding on the zuiderzee dijk naar Volendam; cheersmspaansnl_imp said:Here is My RS.
Chrome fenders, CRF1000 handle bar, 4-4 exhaust and classic seat. 7000km odo