Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

What a shame this old covered bridge in Brown County, Ohio is starting to come apart

2187861c7db05e00dfd9c490f54b7f13.jpg
 
Trailer test #1 went perfectly. Condor chocks are doing their jobs. Both bikes fit without having to stagger them. Picking up tie-down straps and Test #2 will follow.

bebbf0982015974e88a73b4e5bf7db85.jpg


1633bf92f5729c395a7f88a96a6be78c.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Looks good

Oh man saw that head cocked hand on hip pose and thought you were in trouble for something
 
Those headers need some work MTC ;)
 
From this morning's commute. You're going 5, I'm going 50, but sure, come on over. I'll just use the shoulder I guess.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
From this morning's commute. You're going 5, I'm going 50, but sure, come on over. I'll just use the shoulder I guess.
Yeah, truck is always gonna win.

Road being prepped for some sort of resurfacing? Looks somewhat grated. Always joy for many a motorcycle.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Nope. Just a typical California freeway!
Alright, cool (or not).

I understand the sun bearing down probably does not allow an asphalt freeway have a good longevity compared to the farther northern freeways.

Major freeways in Canada get a significant concrete base, however, in most cases it is topped up with some black asphalt to protect from winter road salt.

= = =

The freeway surface looks harsh.

May explain why Californian riders seem to get less mileage on their tires compared to northern state and provinces?
 
That's grooved concrete to dissipate the rain. Our freeways are either this type of concrete or blacktop. On this particular freeway, it changes back and forth repeatedly. It rides more smooth than it looks, but some tires, like the Avon RoadRiders on my Bonneville tend to track the grooves quite a bit. Plus, you're seeing the view after I swerved over to the shoulder, and the grooves haven't been pounded down as much as they are in the normal traffic lanes.
 
I can't tell by the picture, but around here, they groove the concrete to help with traction in wet or snowy conditions.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
That's grooved concrete to dissipate the rain. Our freeways are either this type of concrete or blacktop. On this particular freeway, it changes back and forth repeatedly. It rides more smooth than it looks, but some tires, like the Avon RoadRiders on my Bonneville tend to track the grooves quite a bit. Plus, you're seeing the view after I swerved over to the shoulder, and the grooves haven't been pounded down as much as they are in the normal traffic lanes.
Try not to pick-up a roofing nail or sumthin'. :dodgy:
 
Yeah, Gold, that's why I wince when I'm going 70, and the car in front wants to "help" by dropping its left wheels onto the shoulder assuming that I want to pass them. Don't wanna run over a roofing nail, don't wanna get hit in the face with one either.
 
Extended Weekend with some Good freinds and fellowship, from Philly to Skyline Dr, and Blue Ridge Parkway on the way to Dragon and Tennessee Valley for some miles. and Smiles
8a84cdae0d7808052a1dbc9826a3d1a2.png
1cb9448e7ca5684eda38dfdf66d5a406.png
c54dea9305e72d8a323e186f792db716.png
78e6f5e0983a3860a4793b97840dfd51.png
17e5daa2ccdf257748d499dbae878e41.png
7119c1b8bffa06c853c253cda2d84327.png
6d1f443f196f10b3b8cee9a08840c95c.png
c818950979b7c7ef985b8b638e6b742f.png
17df72f6a843ae15a4e43c3033b5a895.jpg
83659c8bd0f38f9a2f352a8552970b7b.jpg
d3df92764c1defd59356f7338c38a791.jpg
afdd74763be2c50ee979a5183f1d0b02.jpg
1c012fc0f801cdc97a7dcb7d7296998a.jpg
8efccbe919aac50a331db665890e5976.jpg
6d8a08b0bcc51777cf7134ce368545b3.jpg
dc3a7642118df00c4b35e22bed61fddd.jpg
37c1948d51b8e003f7475b35ed79b338.jpg


2013 Cb 1100 "
 
Back
Top