Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

Hovmod_imp said:
Went for an overnight ride to Smøla, an island a few hours southwest of here. Spectacular roads the entire trip, no traffic, no rain (except for half an hour while we were waiting for the ferry), just me and my buddy enjoying our awesome bikes (he bought his BMW R nineT just a few weeks ago) and getting to know new places and new favorite roads.

678aa605ad742dc10a8267dbc09a51be.jpg

Mountains in the background are on the mainland, windmills on the island.

185e14971bbeed112c927648ba1506d4.jpg

Veidholmen, as far out in the ocean as you can get on a Honda, has had a thriving community for hundreds of years. None of the houses have panorama windows towards the sea, because this place gets WHIPPED all year round. That's the North Sea right there, and it can be hostile.

122409441ef5ef4b38f93914e91453f6.jpg

Stunning in any direction.

1aa600baa8953fdc7c875e7a92f67a0e.jpg

Everything is super well maintained out there, I'm assuming that they have to keep their houses in 100% shape, again because of the weather.

1636be822b4288817e64cb398318696c.jpg

Wheeeeeeeee!

a5d176a7d606bd1dd8e22f58b8e11ecd.jpg

Sunsets last for hours this far north. We're not quite in midnight sun latitudes here, but this time of year it never gets really dark. The sun sets for an hour or two, that's all.

bf0fac373ec115152dd9eb0f2690f940.jpg

Looking back after some spectacular uphill twisties. I tightened the preload on the springs for the first time going back yesterday, and I really liked it. No discernible downsides, just a tighter bike, more eager to go fast around corners. Feels safer, if you don't take into account that I probably used up the margins by going faster.

What a ride. This is the stuff we dream about all winter!


edit: I've put 3,000 km on it this year, expecting to see 15,000 later today. Yay!
edit2: This should probably have been in Seat Time.
Hovmod, gorgeous photos, thanks. I think you should start a thread just called "Norway" and then post a batch of photos weekly.
 
Thanks, everyone!
I’m doing this trip again, that’s for certain. All this within riding distance and I never knew. I know we’re privileged (if you conveniently ignore the arctic climate), but I don’t know why this isn’t one of the classic routes from here. It’s perfectly doable in one day, so this is now on my radar for spur-of-the-moment rides.
 
That's interesting to see the old look from behind of the classic seat, grab bar, mufflers...and then the front that doesn't look old...

Throw some '13 big blinkers on the rear to finish the mullet!
 
mspaansnl_imp said:
Here is My RS.

Chrome fenders, CRF1000 handle bar, 4-4 exhaust and classic seat. 7000km odo
Nice shot mr spaans, hopelijk niet te koud voor u, remembering riding on the zuiderzee dijk naar Volendam; cheers
 
Back
Top