Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

“Rush Hour”

I definitely love my commute.

50 and windy at 8:15am in Chicago. I’ve planned an out of office “meeting” for 2:00pm. :)

78d47e09d04325ae8330b8593fe51723.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Peaceful pic Sea

Closing in on that 15K I see
 
Yes... Trying to get there ASAP due to iffy December weather. I'd like to get 19 more riding days in over the remaining 43 days, but that is going to be close unless I get a break in the aforementioned iffy December weather.
 
Rode the CB today too. Still "need" 653 miles for 20k and would like to add remaining 42 days to my tally of 313 currently. What's the use of being retired if ya can't ride everyday? Lol
 
A three hour spin along the coast, cold (7C) but dry. As often before, surprised when looking down on the speedo - this bike is deceptively fast. 2500 km and still loosening up, especially gear change and suspension. Such a great bike!
 
Took my "new to me" 2018 Ex out for its first ride, well, big grins, I'm really going to enjoy owning this bike. A cool and damp day but a good bit of sun to make it very enjoyable. I could describe the ride but its pointless, you all know. Suffice to say I really enjoyed the engine and its character, suspension was much better than anticipated controlling the chassis well. The front brakes were more than up to the job with a great feel and a very balanced rear complimenting the front. It will definitely end up being my go to bike for days out or a simple overnight camp.
 
Images both look great Tev62 and Olof.

The CB1100 is indeed quietly quick.

7C here today and overcast. Nevertheless, opportunity taken to run some errands - but the heated gloves had to be set on low for the freeway.
 
Looking into the world on a cold but dry November sunday.



Sunny ride part 2.



Last part of the trip. I'm riding home.
Delightful 100km of pure enjoyment.



Wisedrum
 
Yesterday it was raining all the time, but I went out for a ride with the Bullet, couldn't stand the thought not to ride. But today it was fine. No rain, not warm, but I liked it.

Wisedrum
 
Saturday Beach Day.

b180ce09370e92fbe8eda92afee2ef97.jpg


40 miles. Bike needs to go in for service Tuesday - idling at 2200 and needs new tires. Might screw up my goal of averaging a ride every other day, but we will see.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Au₂O₃ - I'm not sure if that's a snow fence or a sand fence (due to the unusually high winds here lately). On the other hand......

bc9f09517e69f7376fc77f967ab1fb81.jpg

“I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for quite a while." - Carl Spackler
b9f2296a5f84e5f04f25395aea1212c5.png


Don't know if it's terrible timing or perfect timing, but had to get my CB1100 into the shop today. Weather looks kinda crummy today and tomorrow -- If I get it back tomorrow evening, then timing will be perfect. If they need to keep it over the weekend, then timing will be terrible.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Au₂O₃ - I'm not sure if that's a snow fence or a sand fence (due to the unusually high winds here lately). On the other hand......

bc9f09517e69f7376fc77f967ab1fb81.jpg

“I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for quite a while." - Carl Spackler
b9f2296a5f84e5f04f25395aea1212c5.png


Don't know if it's terrible timing or perfect timing, but had to get my CB1100 into the shop today. Weather looks kinda crummy today and tomorrow -- If I get it back tomorrow evening, then timing will be perfect. If they need to keep it over the weekend, then timing will be terrible.
I guess there was no knee-draggin' turns this morning?
 
A nice cool but bright day to take a lunchtime spin. I’m Parked up besides this “folly”, built just outside the old Castletown Estate in Ireland. It was built at a cost of £400 to provide employment for the poor of Celbridge, Co Kildare when the famine of 1740–41 was at its worst in Ireland.

It is out of the way on a quiet country road with little passing traffic, not many people know it exists. It got saved with a large donation to a restoration society by an American donor Rose Saul Zalles back in the 60’s.

Long ago in its past a Lady Louisa lived there, a great-granddaughter of King Charles II of England. His nemesis was Oliver Cromwell who defeated him at the Battle of Worcester in 1651 leading to the period where England became a Republic (of sorts).

It is great the little stories that an outing on motorbikes can bring. I inadvertently passed this folly on my bike one day when out bimbling, taking random roads and seeing where the bike took me. I had to look it up when I got home so another education for me and an interesting back story.
 
Back
Top