Let's see your CB1100 out on the road!

.. well it may look kinda weird, but it works pretty well.. it is also a frugal approach to a Go-pro.. my set up has good audio.. (trust me) haha ..I am using my old iPhone SE .. maybe I will send a text to P.B. so he can attest to the sound quality..

.
0deb53cd61d7641b23139bcc1cc661f9.jpg

.
83c61ec839aff65990d03b63999d30d5.jpg

.
8a0b37c757cf9914c82f61eb1e897d30.jpg


..
.. I had to jerk my head, back and forth.. to catch as much video as I could of the lakes level.. normally the "bite-cam would be more focused on the road ahead..

.
a437b50d408e0b7262b5909e48829044.mp4


..
 
Chuckk, genius!

Tev62, thanks for the story and a new word.
 
I am waiting for the white stuff.. I have some new ideas on this years .. last years was kinda cute.. I was lucky to find some "big eyes" for it ..

.
9d2c004da05a083ad55d8195790549e7.jpg
 
.. like mama told you... son, you must wait till Christmas .. haha .. hint.. I am going to measure things, to see how easily I can carry them on the bike.. and no, it isn't a manger scene.. happy thanksgiving to all of you..
. some of you are so lucky to have snow right in your front yard.. I must travel 40 miles into the mountains to find it ..
 
tod.branko_imp said:
Guess I'll be the spammer today. So the sunrise took me up a very steep, very twisty mountain road, but it was worth it
b3e0c6cc211ec58d2c2b986699719c05.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
That's a beautiful view--I love deserts. But can one ask what happened to your bike? Looks like some scuffed up case covers.
 
pdedse_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
Guess I'll be the spammer today. So the sunrise took me up a very steep, very twisty mountain road, but it was worth it
b3e0c6cc211ec58d2c2b986699719c05.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
That's a beautiful view--I love deserts. But can one ask what happened to your bike? Looks like some scuffed up case covers.
That's a beautiful view--I love deserts. But can one ask what happened to your bike? Looks like some scuffed up case covers. One may ask, most definitely, and let me explain.

As locally very few CB1100s are sold new, it's impossible to find a used one, nonetheless for a decent price, so mine is a Japanese import (as are 70% of the motorcycles on our roads) Bike was dropped, nothing major, and no damage has been repaired It has a few scuffs on the left side, engine case covers, headlight bezzel, pillion footpeg, and the left control cluster dented the tank a little. As it was in the original condition, I was perfectly fine with having the bike with that much damage. It's a 2014 with (then) 8000km on the clock, and I picked it up for just under 5000$ with insurance and registration, so according to local market, a good deal.

Now, if you knew me, you'd also know that I prefer to own motorcycles with imperfections, call it superstitious or whatever, but it keeps the evil eye away. So unless the damage is functional, I tend to keep it as is.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
tod.branko_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
Guess I'll be the spammer today. So the sunrise took me up a very steep, very twisty mountain road, but it was worth it
b3e0c6cc211ec58d2c2b986699719c05.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
That's a beautiful view--I love deserts. But can one ask what happened to your bike? Looks like some scuffed up case covers.
That's a beautiful view--I love deserts. But can one ask what happened to your bike? Looks like some scuffed up case covers. One may ask, most definitely, and let me explain.

As locally very few CB1100s are sold new, it's impossible to find a used one, nonetheless for a decent price, so mine is a Japanese import (as are 70% of the motorcycles on our roads) Bike was dropped, nothing major, and no damage has been repaired It has a few scuffs on the left side, engine case covers, headlight bezzel, pillion footpeg, and the left control cluster dented the tank a little. As it was in the original condition, I was perfectly fine with having the bike with that much damage. It's a 2014 with (then) 8000km on the clock, and I picked it up for just under 5000$ with insurance and registration, so according to local market, a good deal.

Now, if you knew me, you'd also know that I prefer to own motorcycles with imperfections, call it superstitious or whatever, but it keeps the evil eye away. So unless the damage is functional, I tend to keep it as is.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Haha...that says a lot right there :thumbsup:

I read a book about a man who lost his wife...a non-fiction love story really. They bought a brand new car and then together they took a hammer and popped a fair size dent into the hood of the car--that way they'd never have to worry about who would be responsible for the first mishap with the car.

I've always wanted the balls to do that, but so far I've left it up to chance.
 
pdedse_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
Guess I'll be the spammer today. So the sunrise took me up a very steep, very twisty mountain road, but it was worth it
b3e0c6cc211ec58d2c2b986699719c05.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
That's a beautiful view--I love deserts. But can one ask what happened to your bike? Looks like some scuffed up case covers.
That's a beautiful view--I love deserts. But can one ask what happened to your bike? Looks like some scuffed up case covers. One may ask, most definitely, and let me explain.

As locally very few CB1100s are sold new, it's impossible to find a used one, nonetheless for a decent price, so mine is a Japanese import (as are 70% of the motorcycles on our roads) Bike was dropped, nothing major, and no damage has been repaired It has a few scuffs on the left side, engine case covers, headlight bezzel, pillion footpeg, and the left control cluster dented the tank a little. As it was in the original condition, I was perfectly fine with having the bike with that much damage. It's a 2014 with (then) 8000km on the clock, and I picked it up for just under 5000$ with insurance and registration, so according to local market, a good deal.

Now, if you knew me, you'd also know that I prefer to own motorcycles with imperfections, call it superstitious or whatever, but it keeps the evil eye away. So unless the damage is functional, I tend to keep it as is.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Haha...that says a lot right there :thumbsup:

I read a book about a man who lost his wife...a non-fiction love story really. They bought a brand new car and then together they took a hammer and popped a fair size dent into the hood of the car--that way they'd never have to worry about who would be responsible for the first mishap with the car.

I've always wanted the balls to do that, but so far I've left it up to chance.
Haha...that says a lot right there
0b13cd2c4f6c1f15fc42010d0bfaf278.png


I read a book about a man who lost his wife...a non-fiction love story really. They bought a brand new car and then together they took a hammer and popped a fair size dent into the hood of the car--that way they'd never have to worry about who would be responsible for the first mishap with the car.

I've always wanted the balls to do that, but so far I've left it up to chance. Nice story. I can relate to that, it's always the first scratch that hurts the most, after that, anything goes

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
You guys are on the money about scratches and dings.
 
pdedse_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
Guess I'll be the spammer today. So the sunrise took me up a very steep, very twisty mountain road, but it was worth it
b3e0c6cc211ec58d2c2b986699719c05.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
That's a beautiful view--I love deserts. But can one ask what happened to your bike? Looks like some scuffed up case covers.
That's a beautiful view--I love deserts. But can one ask what happened to your bike? Looks like some scuffed up case covers. One may ask, most definitely, and let me explain.

As locally very few CB1100s are sold new, it's impossible to find a used one, nonetheless for a decent price, so mine is a Japanese import (as are 70% of the motorcycles on our roads) Bike was dropped, nothing major, and no damage has been repaired It has a few scuffs on the left side, engine case covers, headlight bezzel, pillion footpeg, and the left control cluster dented the tank a little. As it was in the original condition, I was perfectly fine with having the bike with that much damage. It's a 2014 with (then) 8000km on the clock, and I picked it up for just under 5000$ with insurance and registration, so according to local market, a good deal.

Now, if you knew me, you'd also know that I prefer to own motorcycles with imperfections, call it superstitious or whatever, but it keeps the evil eye away. So unless the damage is functional, I tend to keep it as is.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Haha...that says a lot right there :thumbsup:

I read a book about a man who lost his wife...a non-fiction love story really. They bought a brand new car and then together they took a hammer and popped a fair size dent into the hood of the car--that way they'd never have to worry about who would be responsible for the first mishap with the car.

I've always wanted the balls to do that, but so far I've left it up to chance.
lol - why not just for the windshield?
 
A farmer customer of mine in Watertown NY always threw a hand of gravel into his new truck and no worries after that. Years ago he bought a brand new Cadillac and paid with cash for the car. The following year the IRS came after him to question were all that money came from. My accountant always told me : I do not care what you do as long as YOU can defend it at an audit. I was never audited as I like to sleep at night.
 
51c20145a574896b34a5f5a6913b0318.jpg



Our daughter moved out and into her first non-student apartment today. Spent the daylight hours building a dresser, a bed, and hanging a mirror. In order to get 2020 Riding Day #170 logged, had to head out at 5:00pm. 37° but clear, so the 22 miles I rode were pretty comfortable. Bike feels a bit smoother with the new ECU, but that could be my imagination. Hoping to squeeze Day #171 in tomorrow. :).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top